Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

OD green SXMA gas tank

Model Years 2018 to 2023 
4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  tallulamarie 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
Im interested in what everyone's thoughts are on this gas tank. Im curious also, how to mount it if I were to get it... thinking of just having to move the tent over a few inches and resting the tank on the bars and using some ratchet straps to hold it there. Anyone else have any ideas/comments/concerns? Here is a picture of the Trek so you guys have an idea of what I'm working with. Thanks for your input!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FS8Q4CS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3VGV4PK2KMEUS&psc=1
IG-@mallory.crosstrek

See less See more
#2 ·
Given your setup, I'd see if I could strap it to the backside of that roof load. Ratchet strap it in place.

#3 ·
I think mounting fluids on the roof of a crosstrek is generally a bad idea. The roof is only rated to 150lbs. This includes everything mounted to your side tracks. 5 gallons of water is already 40lbs + the tank which looks like around 10 more pounds. You are then left with only 100 lbs for the crossbars, roof tent, and mounting hardware. I'd think that is cutting it pretty close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.