Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's great to hear for you. If you have a part number for your unit, let me know. I watched the install process and frankly something on the passengers side sounds easier. Did you have to take off the manifold too like they did in this video?
Yeah the part number is CRF-S0696 on OAKOS
It shows the picture of the older version but it’s the one that mounts on the side.

I did take off the intake and all that but you don’t really have to. Just makes it easier to install with the limited space in there.
I do notice a difference in my engine. It doesn’t pulsate when the ac is on. Like draw from the engine. It idles really smooth and idk if horsepower increased or anything.. but no smoke yet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Yeah the part number is CRF-S0696 on OAKOS
It shows the picture of the older version but it’s the one that mounts on the side.

I did take off the intake and all that but you don’t really have to. Just makes it easier to install with the limited space in there.
I do notice a difference in my engine. It doesn’t pulsate when the ac is on. Like draw from the engine. It idles really smooth and idk if horsepower increased or anything.. but no smoke yet.

I decided to copy you and ordered one for me last night. The install process looks pretty easy.
Will report back but sounds like I might have a little lag before I have it in hand.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I decided to copy you and ordered one for me last night. The install process looks pretty easy.
Will report back but sounds like I might have a little lag before I have it in hand.
Nice! I’ve had it on for about a week and notice a difference. It did take them a bit to ship it when I got mine. Hopefully doesn’t take them too long..

The install process is straight forward, it’s just a matter of getting those rubber hoses through and connected. They are thick and it’s a tight fit. There is like this insulation foam you have to go over so it’s not touching anything hot and then under the EGR tube which is silver and then connect it to the PCV valve. The intake end is easier.
I just really hope this AOS helps our issue. Supposed to help with oil consumption due to the boxer engine design.. I know a lot of STI owners use like catch cans or AOS because of the blow by..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
Nice! I’ve had it on for about a week and notice a difference. It did take them a bit to ship it when I got mine. Hopefully doesn’t take them too long..

The install process is straight forward, it’s just a matter of getting those rubber hoses through and connected. They are thick and it’s a tight fit. There is like this insulation foam you have to go over so it’s not touching anything hot and then under the EGR tube which is silver and then connect it to the PCV valve. The intake end is easier.
I just really hope this AOS helps our issue. Supposed to help with oil consumption due to the boxer engine design.. I know a lot of STI owners use like catch cans or AOS because of the blow by..

Yeah, that is my understanding too. I really hope as well. Would love to increase the life of this car at least in the near term. I also finally got my matte black hood decal which looks sweet. Pretty cool. Will have to post up a few pics.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, that is my understanding too. I really hope as well. Would love to increase the life of this car at least in the near term. I also finally got my matte black hood decal which looks sweet. Pretty cool. Will have to post up a few pics.
Well OAKOS emailed me and told me Crawford is out of stock :(
Waiting for Crawford to give me an ETA if at all possible.
Ahh.. Well hopefully it doesn’t take too long to get some more in..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
So I got a puff of smoke on startup today.. so idk if the AOS will help with that issue.. I think it’s just a mystery.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Ah man, well that's a total drag. I haven't seen it lately on my end. I've been intentionally parking it level or the nose up or driver side down intentionally so the smoke stays away.
I feel like there is something happening that didn't when the car was new, but tearing into it is too costly for an issue that isn't causing massive consumption.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ah man, well that's a total drag. I haven't seen it lately on my end. I've been intentionally parking it level or the nose up or driver side down intentionally so the smoke stays away.
I feel like there is something happening that didn't when the car was new, but tearing into it is too costly for an issue that isn't causing massive consumption.
I’ve been parking it on a slope just to test it.. it has smoked a few times. I think I’m just gonna park it on level surface now.. I really think the slope is an issue.. I have parked the opposite way with engine up and it doesn’t smoke..

Same. When I first bought it I drove it long distance no problem then started noticing smoke.. we have about the same amount of miles. Car runs good though. Good gas mileage. Sounds good and healthy. But just a cough of smoke. Maybe it’s just a Subaru thing lol..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Yeah I'm in the exact same boat. I wouldn't go so far to say it's normal but I'm now seeing and finding more and more people have the issue. I'm just gonna wait to see if it gets worse and then gonna bring it back to Subaru with a big bag of "I told you guys"

Frustrating, but the car other than that runs like a top. I'm also in agreement with you after the fuel system service the engine seems quieter. Less violent at higher revs.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts