Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

OBD dongle for mileage and tracking?

Applies to All Model Years 
2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  adc 
#1 ·
Does anyone have recommendations for an OBD module that connects to a smartphone to provide mileage (MPG) tracking? I used to have an Automatic module, but they've kind of struggled over the years and have just now thrown in the towel. When it worked, their service was nice for keeping track of MPG over time, miles driven, etc. Plus it would let you check engine codes. I'm curious if there are any similar services out there.

#5 ·
Nowadays i prefer generic hardware with bluetooth and read it using your phone, this will gives more freedom on display customization and have mutiple profile for different cars. I am using obdlink lx with torque pro now. If i recall the mpg calculation, it offer a few way to do it.

#11 ·
I keep an old type Steno Notebook in the car and manually record all mileage and fillups. I have found with the 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid Touring that the trip mpg displayed is never ever accurate. And it is always much more optmistic than the real calculations. I find that I have much more accurate figures and can relly see what happens with the different kind of driving conditions. City, Highway, City/highway, climbing in altitude from 6400 ft to ofver 11,000 ft, long distance freeway across Nebraska. Very Very different than what is displayed and very very different in each type of driving conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.