Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming up to 60k on my 2016, and the common wisdom says either (a) don't trust the lifetime fluid claim or (b) don't change the fluid and give regular sacrifices to a deity of your choosing that your car keeps moving.

So, I'm thinking, fluid change. There seems to be common wisdom there too. Apparently the OEM Subaru stuff is manufactured from mermaid tears and there is nothing else like it on the market and you must use that whatever the price, first-borns are acceptable forms of payment apparently (or buy directly from the company that makes the oil for Subaru if you can find that).

But I noticed these new Nulon CVTF squeeze packs at Supercheap auto, they claim they are suitable for my car and they offer a limited mess scenario, though I'm not sure how you level-check when the squeeze-bag is connected to a screw-in connector to your transmission, but still - off the shelf it looks like a more awkward-space-ready package that is able to defy gravity and large messes.

anyone have experience with these?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Definitely change your fluid. If left dirty as recommended, the solenoids in the valve body will eventually fail. If you drain and refill, you will get a portion of the fluid changed. Just do at regular intervals and extend the CVT's life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts