Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a nonslip mat for the dash above the radio (in front of the cluster at the windshield)? I see them online for the forester, but I don’t know if they’re the same dimensions. I put my sunglasses clip up there when parked but can’t do that when doing things like backing down the driveway because they slide off.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,909 Posts
If you have Eyesight, probably not a good idea to put stuff there...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eyesight would see the dash behind the instrument cluster? Besides, I don’t really need eyesight when driving in reverse. :p

·
Registered
2019 Limited with Eyesight
373 Posts
My wife cut a piece of that kitchen shelf non slip stuff. Not sure that's what it's called. It worked great. She also put it in the cubby hole below the head unit where the 12V plug is. No issues with Eyesight at all.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooh, I hadn’t thought of the kitchen nonslip rolls. I know exactly what you’re talking about. Might pick up a roll of that today in black (have some in white already). All my other cubbies came with the nonslip from Subaru. I use fun foam in my wife’s cup holders to avoid the plastic rattling, but I know it isn’t grippy enough.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,909 Posts
Eyesight would see the dash behind the instrument cluster?
The cameras aren't looking there but stuff on the dash can create reflections on the windshield that Eyesight isn't expecting to see. Even if ACC is still working, Eyesight may be impaired.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, there were several options on Amazon. Got one good up to 185 F degrees. Peel off and wash if it gets dirty. Keeps my sunglasses clip from sliding. Also protects the plastic from the French fries. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts