Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,320 Posts
Push the volume button.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek, 2.5 Liter, Pure Red, Limited
375 Posts
Sound system controls the Navigator and Radio separately, at least that's what I discovered when the sound for my navigator stopped working on my 2021 Limited.

When I figured out what was going on, I would ask Siri questions and while I thought she was talking, turn up the volume. That worked for me.

Hope this helps!

:)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I assume you have a Limited since you have NAV? If so, I see several reports that it can be because of the amp which is under the front passenger seat. They are saying to disconnect the amp and wait a minute or so then reconnect it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There appear to be two plugs going into the front of the amp (?) under the pax seat. One larger than the other. Before I disconnect either one, do you have any info on what they go to, and what I'm actually disconnecting, if I do? Ray. Leaving now to run errands. Will get back in a couple of hours. Thanks again. Cheers. Ray

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I would assume one is supplies the power and the other is for the speakers. I think the reason for the Amp disconnect is to drain the capacitors.

Are you still under warranty? If so, have the dealer do this TSB. Looks like they revised the Amp due to issues. Even if not, I’d ask and see if they would goodwill it. Subaru is pretty good about those things generally. Might be best to leave everything alone and take in not working if you are going that route.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would assume one is supplies the power and the other is for the speakers. I think the reason for the Amp disconnect is to drain the capacitors.

Are you still under warranty? If so, have the dealer do this TSB. Looks like they revised the Amp due to issues. Even if not, I’d ask and see if they would goodwill it. Subaru is pretty good about those things generally. Might be best to leave everything alone and take in not working if you are going that route.

Yep, under warranty. Only 8k miles. Will let the dealer handle it. Thanks for your input. Stay well. Ray

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To all who replied to my problem with the sound going dead in my 2021 Crosstrek, thank you for your input. Here's what happened when I took it to the dealer this AM:
Receptionist verified there was a problem and turned the car over to a tech. She fixed the problem and reported: "Fuse was OK. Turned the head unit off and on again and normal audio output was restored..." "Could not cause the audio output issue to reoccur. No further action is recommended at this time."

Stay well everybody,

Ray

1 - 20 of 20 Posts