Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unrelated of course but when I have my headlights on, turn the car off (without turning the lights off) and take the key out, there's no ding to alert me the lights are on. Is this normal? Weird part is, the lights are in fact visibly off BUT I killed my battery a month or so ago, a day after getting the car because of this lol

Also, question about the heated seats. Do the seat bottoms heat up too or just the backs? Because I feel like only the backs are working, I feel like I know the answer but I'm hoping only the backs are suppose to work lol

·
Registered
361 Posts
On my 2019 the seat bottoms heat up also with the seat heaters. Can't comment on the headlight ding as I have push button start. But when I open the door with the lights on after engine shut down I get a warning.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have left the lights on in my '16 premium many times without "killing" the battery.There's no warning because the lights turn off when the key is removed so there's no need for one.Did you have to change the battery or were you able to jump start it?I would bet that you changed it.Why?Because if you do some research on subaru batteries you will find that yours was due to die on you at any time at that age.

As for the seat heaters.I only feel the seat bottom get hot.I think I haven't noticed the back get hot because I can't feel it through my coat.If the back gets hot and the bottom doesn't then the fuse is fine and the problem is the heating element is burned out.If you look you may get lucky and a plug got disconnected.

·
Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'll have to just put the seat warmers on in the garage and make that the constant factor.

As for the battery, it only died the one time and when it happened I noticed the light switch was in the On position. I was lucky enough to jump it and it worked. No issues since learning to turn the lights off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts