Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just purchased a new 2016 White Crosstrek Limited or BettyLou as I like to call her.
I want to disable Starlink. I do not want this system tracking me or my car. What is Subaru doing with the data? Selling it for profit?
If anyone is going to make money off of my data I want it to be me thank you very much.
It is my understanding that the Starlink unit is right underneath the Head Unit. I would like to pull the power and remove the gps antenna as well as the AT&T antenna.
Do you think this would work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Keep in mind that even if StarLink was collecting data, they aren't tracking YOU because its non-identifying information.
versus your phone and internet activity which depending on what you are doing can easily be associated right back to you by name/address/email/etc
others in this thread are correct, its very difficult to be anonymous in today's information age.
if you use the internet or have a phone, you're already being tracked WAY more than StarLink ever could be capable of

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Limited w/EyeSight
1 Posts
I just purchased a new 2016 White Crosstrek Limited or BettyLou as I like to call her.

I want to disable Starlink. I do not want this system tracking me or my car. What is Subaru doing with the data? Selling it for profit?

If anyone is going to make money off of my data I want it to be me thank you very much.

It is my understanding that the Starlink unit is right underneath the Head Unit. I would like to pull the power and remove the gps antenna as well as the AT&T antenna.

Do you think this would work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have a 2017 crosstrek limited w/eyesight and want to upgrade to a better headunit than the stock one. Does anyone on this forum know if the starlink telematics module controls any eyesight functionality? If I cannot retain the module and am forced to remove it, I want to make sure that my eyesight will still function 100%. starlink is completely useless to me since I will not be paying for it ever.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts