Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm Jeff from Pittsburgh.

Picked up a 2015 XV Limited yesterday for my wife. With moonroof, nav, push button start/entry,and eyesight. Also added in remote start, rear spoiler, homelink mirror, and a sport grille. ( I just gotta wait til they are shipped to the dealer).

It's pretty crazy how I ended up with eyesight..
I was at the dealer doing a deal for the same thing I ended up with minus the eyesight and as I was signing the paperwork the sales manager said he's got bad news.. A woman 3 offices down just leased it... So I was screwed, The guy I had lined up to buy her previous car surely was not going to wait til the end of the month til my color combo I wanted came in off a boat. So I told him I would consider the one with eyesight if he threw me a good number. He threw a pretty awesome number and I told him I had to test drive it because I've driven plenty of XV's as loaners but never one with eyesight.
I took it on the highway by myself, cruise control is the best thing I ever got to play with and the other features know the driver isn't a complete idiot and alert you for every little thing. So as I pull off the off-ramp and stop at the stop sign I thought to myself " well, since I don't really NEED it, maybe I'll offer $200 less then his number". I looked left, looked right, nothing. I start to pull out and some crazy woman comes flying around the corner in my blind spot. I didn't see her... The XV did, and avoided the accident. I drove back to the dealer and told them to just take my money lol

I ended up buying the car for $26,500 with remote start, spoiler, homelink, and sport grille included. Think I did pretty good? ;)

Adding it to my fleet:
2015 XV Limited
2010 WRX Premium
1998 Neon R/T

20150712_104201.jpg
11210486_1124051724277013_5283055505521197890_n.jpg
2011-04-15_12-28-51_93.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congrats! Can you post some more pics at various angles?

Did you have the windows tinted? Cannot tell from the pic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No window tint yet. Going to get some on before we leave for the beach on Aug 15th. Black leather so it seems darker

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
:icon_welcome:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Will be glad when Eyesight is available in the UK - perhaps I could get it retro fitted, and then would be brave enough to use the cruise control!

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Will be glad when Eyesight is available in the UK - perhaps I could get it retro fitted, and then would be brave enough to use the cruise control!
No, unfortunately Eyesight can't be retro fitted. I've already looked into that, and I was quite disappointed when Subaru said no. Apparently it needs a whole different type of windscreen and bla bla bla...whole list of reasons why I couldn't get it, that kinda went in one ear and out the other once I realised it wasn't going to happen.

·
Registered
397 Posts
View attachment 129202
View attachment 129210
View attachment 129218
here's some on my phone. I'll pull the real camera out sometime soon
Welcome to the site. Just curious I was looking at the pictures and the middle picture through the windshield, is that a stone chip?
Just curious. My daughter purchased a new car and was doing all the paperwork. Went outside and decided to look it over and there was a stonechip in the windshield. Brand new car with a repaired windshield. I used to be a windshield repairman so I see them first.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No stone chips in the glass. However, there is a small paint chip near the plate mount that you can see from the photo. There's also a small one on the rear bumper I noticed when I took delivery. So the sales girl said she'll get me touch up paint and I'm going to make the dealer toss in some seat back protectors as well :D

·
Registered
397 Posts
No stone chips in the glass. However, there is a small paint chip near the plate mount that you can see from the photo. There's also a small one on the rear bumper I noticed when I took delivery. So the sales girl said she'll get me touch up paint and I'm going to make the dealer toss in some seat back protectors as well :D
That's a good thing. Be safe out there, Here in Vicksburg Mississippi there are stones everywhere. Almost every other car I see has one or more hits.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think you did awesome on the price. I am looking at the same car without your extras but with a few accessories, and their first offer was not near that. Your post helps me see I have some more negotiating room.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think you did awesome on the price. I am looking at the same car without your extras but with a few accessories, and their first offer was not near that. Your post helps me see I have some more negotiating room.
With the 2016's right on the verge of coming out you can really beat them up on the price if you do your research.
I bought my WRX in late 2010, They wanted 29,990 and I got them to $25,500

1 - 16 of 16 Posts