Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 39 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my wife and I just purchased our first Subaru, and WOW we love it!
We found a used 2018 Crosstrek 50th Anniversary Edition at a car sales in Easton, PA.
It does have brutal mileage of 160k but the car is crazy clean and tidy, flew through an inspection and so far, we've put
around 3k on it with no issues at all and now just about to do an oil change.
The eyesight is amazing (scary at times as it feels really weird letting the car take control) but super great feature on long road trips.
Absolutely comfortable and smooth just like my '89 Caddy (and I love her).

The only thing I am wondering and it maybe the mileage factor but we've only been getting around 310-340 on a full tank with a mix of 30 city and 70 highway driving.
Is this average? or should we been getting better?
It is in no way a nudge down against the car but thought we'd be getting around 420-450 on a tank from the research I was doing before we purchased it.
Thanks for reading ✅🚙😁
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Plant

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cold same zone we run 40 psi

Under summer fuel and non-winter conditions. In your points of the eastern US, no warm-ups with idle, slowly roll from address and be easy on the go-pedal. Layoff accessories [heated seats, defrost mode. Drive cold, slow and raw and mange the tyre pressure. Easy at the pedal. Never over 50mph till warm-ups.

Start off slower and watch the heater accessories and tyre pressure and the ethanol reduced volatile proponents.

Drive as if a cup of brim water is balancing on your dash board.
As soon as I read this I thought of the 1988 comedy License to Drive :LOL:
Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Automotive exterior Automotive mirror

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hello all 😃 (hope your week is going well :coffee:),
Just a little follow up regarding the MPG and again to reiterate how much fun the Crosstrek is to drive.
So after I did a basic service on her, and by the state of the air filter, sludgy oil and low coolant I kinda knew I would see some kind of improvement even if it was just a little but a little it wasn't, it was amazing.
I have just had my mum and sister visit from London UK and I drove from Langhorne, PA up to Newark airport and back, the MPG was CRAZY GOOD! 😁
I did take the I-95 which does have stop lights but on average was very much straight and not much traffic, I had filled up before leaving and rest the trip and MPG counter on the Subaru.
By the end of the round trip the needle was just above the 3/4 full mark and I drove 133 miles.
In the Subaru was my mum, sister, me and my wife with two very large suitcases and two carryon bags (for weight reference)...I just can't believe how great it was.
On the way back the snow fall was a little hard (not like in Calgary) but was very wet and the Crosstrek handled it like a pro..solid and stuck to the road every inch of the way.

I love this car so much even though it really is for my wife.
So i guess the mileage thing is sorted.
Thank you everyone for commenting.. 🎆🎉

I'll leave this thread open incase anyone else may need help or can get some tips from it.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
For every used car there is an arse that will sit in it.

I think you posted in the incorrect thread, butt known to be wong.:unsure:

Do you have the seats?
Yep. The driver seat has a little tear about 1 1/2" by the side plastic guard. I said to my wife that I'll take it to the local upholster, hopefully they can get it repaired.

1 - 5 of 39 Posts