Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

Just want to share a solution I found for the bluetooth in the car. Got the new one plus 8 for T-Mobile, but the Bluetooth doesn't seem to work well with the car. When I play music, the track info doesn't change after the first song. Took me a while but I found the fix for this, it is to downgrade the Bluetooth AVRCP settings on the phone to the previous version. This is a common issue with android 10.

1st step activate the developer option on your android phone. This is different for every phone so look it up. Usually you go to "about phone and tab the android version until a bubble pop up telling you the developer mode is activated.

2nd step scroll down until you see "Bluetooth AVRCP Version" and roll it back to a older version. It was default at 1.4 on mine, but I'm using 1.3 and it works just like before on the old phone.

3rd step restart your phone, connect Bluetooth and enjoy. After I did this, the track info updates again.

Let me know if this works with anyone else.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium
86 Posts
Just got a new phone and having the same issue. I'm going to try it tonight and post my results tomorrow, I'm hopeful, thank you.​

·
Registered
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium
86 Posts
Hi all

Just want to share a solution I found for the bluetooth in the car. Got the new one plus 8 for T-Mobile, but the Bluetooth doesn't seem to work well with the car. When I play music, the track info doesn't change after the first song. Took me a while but I found the fix for this, it is to downgrade the Bluetooth AVRCP settings on the phone to the previous version. This is a common issue with android 10.

1st step activate the developer option on your android phone. This is different for every phone so look it up. Usually you go to "about phone and tab the android version until a bubble pop up telling you the developer mode is activated.

2nd step scroll down until you see "Bluetooth AVRCP Version" and roll it back to a older version. It was default at 1.4 on mine, but I'm using 1.3 and it works just like before on the old phone.

3rd step restart your phone, connect Bluetooth and enjoy. After I did this, the track info updates again.

Let me know if this works with anyone else.
I tried this and didn't have any luck. Could you tell me how your other Bluetooth options are set?
Bluetooth audio codec:SBC or AAC. Audio sample rate: default, 44.1, 48.0, 88.2, of 96.0. Bluetooth bits per sample: default, 16 bits, 24 bits or 32 bits. Bluetooth audio LDAC playback quality: 909kbps, 660kbps, 303kbps or best effort. Bluetooth PBAP version: 1.2 or 1.1. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried this and didn't have any luck. Could you tell me how your other Bluetooth options are set?
Bluetooth audio codec:SBC or AAC. Audio sample rate: default, 44.1, 48.0, 88.2, of 96.0. Bluetooth bits per sample: default, 16 bits, 24 bits or 32 bits. Bluetooth audio LDAC playback quality: 909kbps, 660kbps, 303kbps or best effort. Bluetooth PBAP version: 1.2 or 1.1. Thanks in advance for your help.
I never changed the other setting. I just change the AVRCP version to 1.3 it is a common issue with android 10. Version 1.4 and up doesn't work with the head unit. The codec supposed to fix issues with audio delay but it didn't work for the car. It did fix a delay with my bluetooth headphones when watching videos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts