Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I have almost one week with my new white premium 6MT XV and I really love it so far.

A little background:

Since I graduated college 10 years ago, my only car has been an MX5 and my dad had a Forester XT which he borrowed me every other weekend so I could go mountain biking. However, I got married, got 2 dogs and now we're expecting a baby soon. For this reason I traded with my dad the Mx5 for the Forester a few months ago, only to have it become troublesome (dare I say troublefull!) with almost 100K miles. The Subaru dealer were willing to buy back as a downpayment for a XV so I did a test drive and couldn't stop smiling. I love the transmision lever feel and the ultraquick steering, but the suspension really took me by surprise, I didn't expect it to work so well.

I already got all weather carpets, and will soon install roof bars for cargo and a hitch bike rack. This way we can travel with the baby, the dogs, the bikes, luggage, and still get enjoy the drive. I don't mind the lack of power, I think the engine is strong enough above 4,000 RPM.

On a side note, I ocasionally write for a mexican automotive journal called Motor y Volante and I plan to write a long-term review of the XV since it's the first car that I own since new. The journal is in spanish but I intend to link the articles here in the forums.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,588 Posts
Welcome. I'd be interested in taking a look at your article, if you make an English version of it.

Reactions: santiagomo87
1 - 4 of 4 Posts