Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Have had a 2002 Impreza Outback (like pretty much everyone in western Maine, northern New Hampshire). My commute to Portland had pretty much killed it off, 60 miles of Maine back roads. So it was time to retire it. I wasn't very happy with the elimination of the outback style of Impreza and was gratified to see the XV come out. I bought the green hybrid, more for the engine, frame, and steering changes than the vague hybrid portion. That being said, it may do well for exactly what I have for daily driving. I need all wheel drive for the god fearing driveway, 15% grade dirt in the shade... ice sheet this year and the winter storms challenged the Impreza. I'm surprised at how large the interior feels and it drives great. I've never needed WRX speed and this is fine. Jumped right out and passed a standard Mainer without any problems :) Time will tell, but I'm certainly happy not hearing everything rattle.

Derrek
2014 Plasma Green Hybrid Touring

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Welcome, sir. Let's see some pics when you get the chance.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Welcome to the club, Derrek! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts of your new hybrid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
an update

So I've had the Hybrid for 6 weeks and am above 3700 miles (long commute). I'm really enjoying this vehicle. Gas mileage is at 35.4 for 2700 miles (reset the trip counter after the first 1000). And my plates finally arrived!

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Love the Kermit plate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not sure why my post had over 60 for MPG... just changed it, also 12,000 miles in and with kayak racks holding at 35.2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts