Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

501 - 520 of 604 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
updated fine to 19.45 with USB on the drive to work again, no issues. Will wait to see if a TSB/changelog comes out in the future, not sure why I do this to myself

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,215 Posts
updated fine to 19.45 with USB on the drive to work again, no issues. Will wait to see if a TSB/changelog comes out in the future, not sure why I do this to myself
There's a revised TSB dated 11/8 but still has the old version number.

One of the things I'm hoping it will stop is the annoying XM weather alerts.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Liimited, 2018 Outback Touring, 2005 WRX
63 Posts
Updated my 2019 Limited yesterday. Step 8 of 9 takes a long time, both to progress from 0% to 100% and then stalls there for quite a few minutes until step 9 starts which then completes in a matter of seconds. I don't see any differences yet. No settings lost, but it did take some time to show my correct location on the map. This was likely because I started the update and then drove the car to a neighboring town while it was updating.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,215 Posts
Read back a few posts... it depends on the year and whether you have nav.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ok AstroKats, maybe a little help is needed here. Can you translate the version I have? 2019 Limited. Here’s a screen shot. I’ve had a couple updates but this is what shows up. Thanks !

Is there a database that shows the proper updates for which model?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Never mind AstroKats....found your answer in another thread. Like you mentioned, there are too many threads about this.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,215 Posts
Never mind AstroKats....found your answer in another thread. Like you mentioned, there are too many threads about this.
Don't get me started on the number of recall threads... ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Question,
I have a 2019 Crosstrek Premium. Is there anywhere that I can download the latest firmware and install with a USB myself?
Only if you have NAV

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,215 Posts
Question,
I have a 2019 Crosstrek Premium. Is there anywhere that I can download the latest firmware and install with a USB myself?
Only if you have NAV
At some point I'm assuming this latest version will be available via Wi-Fi, which may work on a '19. Certainly if it's a Limited.

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek Limited
9 Posts
Successful update via USB drive today on my 2018 Crosstrek Limited w/ Nav:

Previous version:
- SW Ver: Rel_A1.19.17.20
- Navi DB Ver: USA Canada and Mexico_1021_6891_9309

New version:
- SW Ver: Rel_A1.19.45.20
- Navi DB Ver: USA Canada and Mexico_1036_7156_9747

·
Registered
84 Posts
I updated the Nav on my 2019 Limited and to my old eyes, it seems the colors and text is darker and more easily read. Also I think they fixed when the directions say route 45 PA (in Pennsylvania) the unit would say 45 pa (as in Papa or father). Took me a while to figure out what and why it said it. I wonder if in Massachusetts they use to say ma or me in Maine.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,215 Posts
Grrr...

So, now we know the latest firmware didn't fix the SXM alerts.

@jpawlicki, any updates on this? Thx.

Reactions: mcgheeda and Doca

·
Registered
63 Posts
2019 Limited with NAV. Here are my firmware and SXM alert settings. Are you saying I can't turn off my alerts using this menu?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ok...I have a 2019 Limited Nav Eyesight. This update stuff is out of control.... It will get out of control and we won’t be able to stop it. I guess we are there.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,215 Posts
Ok...I have a 2019 Limited Nav Eyesight. This update stuff is out of control.... It will get out of control and we won’t be able to stop it. I guess we are there.
I don't mind the updates if they actually fix stuff but the secrecy and lack of easy availability is very frustrating. For almost every piece of electronic junk I own, I can go to the manufacturer's site, find out what the latest version of the software is, what the changes are, and download and install it if I want to. Not so with the most expensive (by far) electronic item we've purchased this decade...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Try it and let us know what happens. Also see this thread: https://www.subaruxvforum.com/threads/flash-flood-warning.175541/

Earlier, @jpawlicki implied that there was new firmware on the way to fix this.
Here's my update:

Today I received both of these warnings:

The storm warning came through first. There IS a NWS issued ice storm warning in effect for my area. This is the first time I've seen times in the SXM warnings. However, the times pictured are not the same as the NWS broadcast, though the dates are correct. I went to my settings and unchecked the High Alert/warning selection. No more warnings after that. I did get the advisory pictured above and when I unchecked the Infomational Warning/advisory those stopped coming through as well.

Bottom line, unchecking SXM alerts works for me. Not sure why the times are wrong but the dates are correct.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,215 Posts
How do you get to that menu? I don't see an option anywhere for SXM alert settings...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

501 - 520 of 604 Posts