Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
3,033 Posts
Subaru is 7th overall. Crosstrek is well above avg, but Ascent is still haunting them with their past issues.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,091 Posts
Subaru is down 4 places from last years #3.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,753 Posts
Subaru is down 4 places from last years #3.
We have a membership but I'm finding it difficult to navigate to the list. Do you have a link?

·
Prefers black cats
13,753 Posts
Buick ranks high bc mostly old folks buy it which means it gets fewer miles and is driven easy. Been that way for 20 years.
And probably more likely to be a CR subscriber and have the time to write a CR review...

Reactions: sas-XV

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,091 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ok, those links go to a press release. This article is likely subscription-only, but more substantive:

·
Prefers black cats
13,753 Posts
Surprising that Buick came out ahead of Honda, Subaru, Acura and Nissan!

·
Prefers black cats
13,753 Posts
This is one of many reasons CR has limited value. Their rankings need to be seen in context and with a grain of salt.
We've gone around and around with this. A lot of their data is crowd-sourced and not necessarily reliable. Being in the wine business I see little value in sites like Vivino. Not everyone likes the same kind of wine or has the experience to tell what's good or not.

However, CR does a lot of their own testing, by experts. We have a subscription and I often find their reviews helpful.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
21 Posts
Buick ranks high bc mostly old folks buy it which means it gets fewer miles and is driven easy. Been that way for 20 years.
Buick is aiming for a younger audience these days, haven't you seen their commercials (which I hate BTW)? And if the Buick numbers are bad, doesn't that mean all of them are suspect, even the good rating for Subaru and especially Crosstrek?

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,091 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,091 Posts
Subaru is 7th overall. Crosstrek is well above avg, but Ascent is still haunting them with their past issues.
" Subaru still hasn’t worked out the kinks with the Ascent, which still has subpar reliability. Owners report transmission, power equipment, brakes, and climate system problems. The Crosstrek is well above average, the Legacy, Impreza, and Forester are above average, and the Outback is average. "

1 - 20 of 20 Posts