Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, 4x4subi here. Y'all already know I've been working with Relations Race Wheels to come up with more offroad wheels, armor, and other parts for our cars. My car currently runs the V1 tubular bumpers, and we've got V2 coming soon as well. We're also looking to make a plate bumper, which would be thinner than normal plate bumpers to save on weight. Our cars are likely not going to do extreme rock crawling, so I think the plate bumper would be fine with what we'd be doing. It'll give us the front end clearance we need, and keep the car looking a bit more car-ish, as opposed to the tubular chop which looks really aggressive.

Just wanted to drop in and show you the designs we're looking at, and get some opinions on what looks best and what you guys would improve. Mind you, manufacturing makes some options impossible or too costly, so we can't go too crazy.

Let me know what you think, which ones you like best, and any comments you have on the designs. I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys soon!

Note: You can see more pictures of the bumpers by clicking the names below..

V1 Tubular Bumper:

V2 Tubular Bumper:

V1 Plate Bumper:

V2 Plate Bumper:

·
Registered
2019 Limited with Eyesight
384 Posts
Both tube and plate look good. I like how you've incorporated the winch option into them.
Prices don't seem all that bad either. Last bumper I bought was for a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser from a company called Demello Offroad. Great bumper. Took a while for shipping from California to Canada. My wife wanted to kill me. I'll need to work on her before I get one of yours for my 2019 Crosstrek.

·
Vendor
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both look great to me. Question: What would I do with my foggies?
We're working on a mounting location for the fog lights, but the car doesn't throw any sensors for missing fog lights so you should be okay without them. I run the car without them now, as i've got element led lighting on the car, so it's plenty of lighting.

·
Vendor
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question, what did/do you do with all the stuff thats usually under there like the fogs (mentioned above ^^) and windshield wiper fluid tank?
The windshield washer reservoir fits in there, but I removed mine as it looks much better. Some people use a water bottle with the pumps and sensor glued into it, which works fine as a smaller reservoir, but I just run it without the reservoir because I'm too lazy to work with it. Eventually we'll offer a 3dprinted reservoir in the future. I just need to sit down and design it one of these days.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,659 Posts
The windshield washer reservoir fits in there, but I removed mine as it looks much better. Some people use a water bottle with the pumps and sensor glued into it, which works fine as a smaller reservoir, but I just run it without the reservoir because I'm too lazy to work with it. Eventually we'll offer a 3dprinted reservoir in the future. I just need to sit down and design it one of these days.
yea i dont really care for the look of having the bottle just hanging out there... but I couldnt justify totally ditching it either.

·
Vendor
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i dont really care for the look of having the bottle just hanging out there... but I couldnt justify totally ditching it either.
I've been told there's reservoirs you can buy on amazon that are much smaller, so you can fit it in. I'll let you know if I find one that works perfectly

·
Vendor
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@4x4.subi Where would we attach a tow cable? and where can we attach to have another vehicle pull us if we are stuck?
I'm working on integrating d-shackle mounting points, but the bars that have mounts going to the frame are all suitable to tie onto. I've recovered myself twice with just the bars on the side of the bumpers already,

·
Registered
342 Posts
@4x4.subi What is the timeline looking like for production readiness on these? Pulled both bumpers off a couple times this weekend up in the mountains. Really love the capability of the car but the approach/departure cripples it off-road. I hate to say it but I have to decide whether to hold out for these or bite the bullet and shell out for a local fabricator.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts