Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

Here it is with base coat and clear coat.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

I'm still working on dents, gaps, and body lines.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Something amazing happened yesterday when I took it for it's first drive after getting the windshield replaced (actually, first drive ever).

Since I brought it home, when started, it would pop up immediately with message that said "Eyesight Disabled, see manual". When I took it for it's first drive, I got the normal Eyesight message, then when I got about 3 miles up the road I got a lane departure warning. What??? I checked the dash and saw that Eyesight was now functioning! YEEHAW!!!

Since it came on, it has worked perfectly and I couldn't be happier. :)
:):cool::giggle:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Yesterday, I received my reset seatbelts and reprogrammed air bag module back from "Safety Restore".

They did exactly what I required and everything went well... except... While they had my stuff, they notified me that my passenger seatbelt was triple-action and they needed $35 more to complete it.

I talked to their sales people and grudgingly paid up. Later in the day they notified me again that they needed more money, this time because of the type of processor in my air bag module. They told me that this normally costs $35 extra, but since I already had the other problem, they were willing to take $15 to get it done. I agreed again, and paid again.

Everything is back, installed, and working. An I happy? Well, yeah, but a little annoyed by the surprise fees.

Total to reprogram the air bag module and rebuild the seatbelts? $250.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Today I pulled dents out using glue sticks. It's a common technique used by paintless dent removal professionals. It works surprisingly well. Not perfectly, but well.

I will post some pictures of before and after when I do the next round of pulls.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

I got a little work done on the driver's side rear door today. It's not perfect, n but it's much better than it was.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,121 Posts
"The Hunt for Blue October" perhaps?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
"The Hunt for Blue October" perhaps?
Actually, the Submaru was the underwater machine, not this one.

I wondered where you were! Good to see you in the thread. 😸😸😸

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,121 Posts
Actually, the Submaru was the underwater machine, not this one.

I wondered where you were! Good to see you in the thread. 😸😸😸
Yes, I understood that. I thought you might want to continue with the theme... 😸

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Yes, I understood that. I thought you might want to continue with the theme... 😸
I thought using "Bluebaru" was.

BTW, the vanity plate "BLUBARU" is already taken in Indiana. 😭

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The car definitely looks powder blue, but the paint in the can looks like a brownish pea soup color.
The Pea-Soup-Aru 🍵 is Plasma Yellow and so apparently fairly descriptive. I've seen a couple in the flesh now and they do look rather good.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
When I went to pick up this car, as always, I brought my drone along and caught them carrying my car out of the back.

Here's an interesting still shot of the Bluebaru being loaded onto the trailer at the auto auction yard.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts