Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Super-Duper Moderator
807 Posts
@Twiddler, where exactly? Could you provide a larger area picture?

(`17 version)

Rear Side curtain....?

Side topic, there are instructions to detonate the airbag within the vehicle.... :LOL:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I appreciate the response and information, but the whole issue is that the bags are already deployed.

·
Super-Duper Moderator
807 Posts
I understand that. Attempting to locate the correct 'page(s)' to share. ;)

Was it the front side curtains, or the rear set? Or in seat ones... :geek:

Haven't seen the interior shots. (y)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I guess if it's already deployed you could consider just cutting it out, and then replace the fastener.
🤔

That's a thought, but my wife is an insurance agent, and she keeps saying things about loving me and making plans in the future, so she may not be keen on that idea.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I understand that. Attempting to locate the correct 'page(s)' to share. ;)

Was it the front side curtains, or the rear set? Or in seat ones... :geek:

Haven't seen the interior shots. (y)

It's one continuous airbag from front to back.

The side curtain airbags, both of them, are the only airbags blown.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I am considering pulling the dents out of the doors, fender, and hood using paintless dent removal techniques. Ambitious, I know, especially for my first attempt.
Does anyone have experience with that?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I honestly dont think PDR will fix most of those, even with a skilled repair man.
I completely agree. But I'm going to try it anyway. I'll post pictures, even if embarrassing.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Sounds like once you get the blue fastener out of the centre, the rest is a piece of cake. Don't know if this helps but the Corolla ones look sort of similar. His explanation isn't clear but this guy tinkered with small tools to get his out How to remove side curtain airbag retainers on 2014?
Maybe trying something a little more surgical like using a small Allen Key together with/and/or a couple of small flathead screwdriver/s might help?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sounds like once you get the blue fastener out of the centre, the rest is a piece of cake. Don't know if this helps but the Corolla ones look sort of similar. His explanation isn't clear but this guy tinkered with small tools to get his out How to remove side curtain airbag retainers on 2014?
Maybe trying something a little more surgical like using a small Allen Key together with/and/or a couple of small flathead screwdriver/s might help?
That is exactly what I'm dealing with. I will try the two screwdriver method that he mentions at the end, then once I get one out and get a better look at it, I may create a tool to remove the rest.

Thanks for that!

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Btw Subiesubiedo, the one and only time that I have been to Australia I took the train out of sydney into the Blue Mountains. Stopped at a little town and hiked up trails to view a water fall.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Got the first one out:

Now to make it faster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do not believe that anyone would possibly see this as cool, gray, or khaki. This: View attachment 304694
Is khaki. Just like those Dockers in your closet.
Subaru named the color "Cool Gray Khaki". Every time I see one, (including my own) it catches my eye. I agree that it looks more blue than gray, though. I wonder if the person that decided on the name of this color is color blind.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Got the headliner and one of the airbags out.

(Sorry about the lighting)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well friends, I have a new project. After my Submaru fun, I have purchased another damaged vehicle.
View attachment 304656 View attachment 304657
It's a 2019 Crosstrek Limited with all of the bells and whistles.
I pick it up tomorrow or Tuesday in central Michigan.

Yes, that's both side curtain airbags that are going to need to be replaced along with bumper cover, left fender, and some major dents in the driver's side front and back doors. It has 14,901 miles and a clean title.

I'm not a fan of the color, but can't complain for what I paid for it.
Nice buy! I have a 2018 Crosstrek manual premium that I rebuilt after a front end collision this past summer. Don’t be afraid to reach out if you have any questions!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Btw Subiesubiedo, the one and only time that I have been to Australia I took the train out of sydney into the Blue Mountains. Stopped at a little town and hiked up trails to view a water fall.
Sounds like you may've come to my town. The waterfall here is the main attraction (and the Charles Darwin walk) (y)🐨

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Sounds like you may've come to my town. The waterfall here is the main attraction (and the Charles Darwin walk) (y)🐨
I can't find my digital picture of the falls, but here's a picture of a picture.

Is this your observation point?

21 - 40 of 77 Posts