Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the call from my dealer today that my 2023 Sport (my first Subaru!) has arrived and scheduled for pickup next week! At the time of ordering, they had my first choice of sport trim in Magnetite Gray and the 22 option already allocated to them but was not assigned so after going through the port installed accessories I wanted installed (rear bumper cover and hitch), we filled out the retail order form, dropped a deposit and waited a couple of weeks.

I received the VIN through email and when checking it out, the window sticker is missing the trailer hitch but the bumper cover was on there. I asked about this and they said that the port didn't have it and it's backordered and set to be shipped to the dealer to be installed in 3-4 weeks.

I know there's still endless amounts of supply chain issues and I lucked out getting one allocated to me so quickly but what, if any, things should I be concerned about or what would you do when going to pick it up? Is this a big deal? This is only my 2nd car purchase and the last one was 12 years ago so I'm suspicious but asking those who've gone through the ordering process if this is somewhat normal practice especially in these days. There's no mention of it on the window sticker (but the bumper cover is) so I'm wondering if it's just omitted because the port didn't install it since it wasn't in stock, or did the dealer just didn't submit the hitch as part of the factory order and plan on installing it after the fact? My retail order form clearly states the hitch is on there and is factored into the final price so I wanted to clear this up before dealing with financing.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yes if the part can't be installed at the port it won't be on the sticker

Reactions: thebikingyeti

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all! That is relieving to hear. I've been extra careful through the car shopping process to not get burned and with it being so close to delivery I needed that bit of reassurance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a VIN, but how is it you can view rhe window sticker already? I put a deposit down on an already in-transit Sport model, I didn't special order it. So maybe that's the difference?

·
Registered
2023 crosstrek limited
78 Posts
I have a 2023 crosstrek limited that is due at the dealer on aug 20. I have the vin also and i special ordered my vehicle with a receiver hitch also.How can you see the window sticker? please let me know I would like to see my window sticker also . Thank you!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was only able to see my window sticker when the car arrived at the dealership lot and was shown as "in stock" on my dealer's website, which had a quick link to the window sticker. When it was in transit I wasn't able to see anything. I also checked here: Subaru Window Sticker. Hope this helps!

Interesting that they're saying it's a dealer install now and not port install. Talking with them again today mine seemed insistent that it was supposed to be a port install and it was just backordered and shipped to avoid sitting around waiting since it's something that can be installed by the dealership "just like it was done at the port". I'm hoping it will be treated as a port install and they won't try to add extra for a dealer install since the sales slip I had included the price from the build showing the port install option like when you build the crosstrek on Subaru's website, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was only able to see my window sticker when the car arrived at the dealership lot and was shown as "in stock" on my dealer's website, which had a quick link to the window sticker. When it was in transit I wasn't able to see anything. I also checked here: Subaru Window Sticker. Hope this helps!

Interesting that they're saying it's a dealer install now and not port install. Talking with them again today mine seemed insistent that it was supposed to be a port install and it was just backordered and shipped to avoid sitting around waiting since it's something that can be installed by the dealership "just like it was done at the port". I'm hoping it will be treated as a port install and they won't try to add extra for a dealer install since the sales slip I had included the price from the build showing the port install option like when you build the crosstrek on Subaru's website, thanks for the info!
Thank you! That worked like a charm and pulled it right up for me!

·
Registered
2023 crosstrek limited
78 Posts
my vehicle shows up but dosent show receiver hitch or the remote start key fob. it does show the body side molding and the mirror compass with home link I ordered. I would like to know if it is on the truck on its way to my dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my vehicle shows up but dosent show receiver hitch or the remote start key fob. it does show the body side molding and the mirror compass with home link I ordered. I would like to know if it is on the truck on its way to my dealer.
I logged back into www.mysubaru.com account, and as of 2 days ago my Crosstrek is traveling by train, and the next stop is to be loaded onto a truck which will be delivering it to the dealer! Since it's on a train, and came in via WA, I could presumably (hopefully) receive it earlier than the expected "Last week of August". But, only time will tell!

·
Butchin' Moderator
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,551 Posts
My dealer, Livermore Subaru, installed my OEM hitch, but did a pretty bad job of it. They were so ignorant of the install that they returned key locating bolts to me in a box saying "they weren't needed." Had I used the hitch it would have been a real miss.

·
Registered
763 Posts

BTW - Subaru already charges for labor when installed at the port. $583 installed at the port. $435.95 for just the hitch. 2023 Subaru Crosstrek Trailer Hitch - L101SFL003 - Genuine Subaru Accessory

Reactions: thebikingyeti

·
Registered
2022 Crosstrek Limited
14 Posts
When I was looking for factory hitch said it was not compatible with the rear cover. My ‘22 Limited has the cover.
Looked around and purchased one from etrailer.com. It was 159.00 and seems very strong. All steel and maybe 40 lbs. rated 525 tongue weight and 1500 trailer weight.
Use it with a Hollywood bike rack and two big tire eBikes. Seems perfect. Install took me a couple hours. Most was spent hogging out two mounting holes for the factory rack I assume. That steel square frame is heavy metal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I logged back into www.mysubaru.com account, and as of 2 days ago my Crosstrek is traveling by train, and the next stop is to be loaded onto a truck which will be delivering it to the dealer! Since it's on a train, and came in via WA, I could presumably (hopefully) receive it earlier than the expected "Last week of August". But, only time will tell!
Where are you looking in the mysubaru app to track your vehicle? Mine has been delayed 3 times now and the dealer says its at a railyard. Been delayed for over 3 weeks now. Thanks!
Hey! When you log I to Mysubaru account where are you finding tracking info? My dealer says my 2022 is shipped to the railyard but its been delayed 3 times now. Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where are you looking in the mysubaru app to track your vehicle? Mine has been delayed 3 times now and the dealer says its at a railyard. Been delayed for over 3 weeks now. Thanks!

Hey! When you log I to Mysubaru account where are you finding tracking info? My dealer says my 2022 is shipped to the railyard but its been delayed 3 times now. Thank you!
When I logged in it was under the "Order Status" area, but this morning is the second time in 2 days that the "Order Status" section seems to have disappeared on me. It was listed directly below the initial Update, but this morning, anything I try it is no longer displaying the info. Whether that's a positive sign or not, I have no clue! lol, but once you have your VIN # you can create an account on www.mysubaru.com and once you do that that is where I saw the 2 updates, as of August 4th is when it said it was on a train and the next stop was to be loaded onto a Truck. It was still scheduled for the last week of this month too. Guess time will tell!

·
Registered
4 Posts
thank you! My first date was July 25th, then moved to the 27th, then August 8th, now the 18th. I am beginning to wonder what the deal is. And my problem is I sold my car June 23rd the day before I put my deposit down so we've been relying on one car now for a bit. I've been here before and ride a bicycle A LOT. I am just tired of the delays at this point!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts