Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I would like to buy a spare set of wheels. Something for next winter and maybe this summer with off-road or winter tires. Anyone has a link to a good online store where I can buy the wheels without getting it customized for the Crosstrek. I don't have the extra cash for it. I just wanna buy the wheels that can fit perfectly with the Crosstrek without any customization that will cost me big.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
168 Posts
Actually checking craigslist for pretty much any older Subaru oem wheels in 16" or 17" might be a really cheap way to go, especially if you don't care about looks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What do you mean by “not getting them customized for the Crosstrek”? Other than bolt pattern, aftermarket wheels aren’t designed with a particular vehicle in mind. That said from the sounds of it you’re just looking for a cheap and durable set of wheels. For that you’re best off buying a set of older OEM wheels second hand (Craigslist or FB market) or a set of steelies, which are available at most tire shops. Sparco’s are a cheap but reliable option if you want an alloy wheel. Been running terras on mine and they hold up to abuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my extra rims at Tirerack. Be sure to look for light rims that are easy to clean. I got a simple five spoke type design for my winters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a set of these with 215 70 16's toyo open countrys for my 2019. You could probably go 225/70 16's but I wanted to keep the speedo close. They fit good. A little heavy but solid. I saw a 2 mpg loss with these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts