Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Need some questions answered

Model Years 2018 to 2023 
3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  AstroKats 
#1 ·
Hello this is my first post on the forum and am looking to get some questions answered :)

1. Will placing a lift kit on a 2019 crosstrek void the warranty and if so will it void the entire warranty or just the suspension.

2. Has anyone installed the bf goodrich all terrain K02's and has any input on how they sound while riding on the freeway.

3. Does anyone know if a 15inch wheel with the bf goodrich K02's will fit in my spare tire slot?

4. What lift kits would you recommend?

5. Is it necessary to get a lift with all terrain tires?

Current mods: crosstrek fit rally Armour mud flaps

#5 ·
We have a 2019 Limited that I need to get a full build thread on here soon as I finish winch install. Car has LP Aventure lift with Rallitek replacement OE heigh springs, 15" wheels with 215/75/15 BFG AT KO2s and various other mods. I installed sound deadener in the car prior to tire install and saw a significant drop in interior volume levels on factory tires. I have not run the meter after installing the KO2s but there is a definite increase in tire hum after. You definitely know the tires are there. I don't believe there is any way a full size spare will fit in the OE spare location as it's a tiny little donut tire/wheel sunk in the floor with a tight fit. Sound deadener made a difference in fitment of the donut back in position so if you want everything to go back in as stock inside, full size won't fit. Many Subaru dealers install and sell the LP Aventure lift as a package off the lot that are covered under warranty. It was a bit more expensive but was the most complete lift I found for my wife's Crosstrek. Install was easy and alignment went perfect after, I'm happy with my selection on this lift package.

As to if it's necessary-totally depends on your needs, use and desires. The car is quite capable off the lot and till take you many places other vehicles won't. We moved into the Crosstrek after 11 years in an Outback. We know what the Outback was capable of in bone stock trim and I had a plan for the Crosstrek to handle those chores. We live in PNW where we get rain and snow and spend a lot of time in the hills. Ground clearance was an issue in the hills with the Outback. I knew I was going to lift the Crosstrek as a result. I'm not impressed with the factory Falken tires in snow so I knew I wanted something to do a bit better. We've now driven the Crosstrek in the mountains places our Outback could never go- due to more clearance under the car and better tires. Not to mention the new X-Mode system. I'm very satisfied with the mods done and while not absolutely necessary for everyone- are a huge improvement for what we do at this point in our lives and where we go off pavement. I'm very impressed with this car and what it can do in it's modified state. Is it for everyone? No, not at all but it works for us.

Best of Luck,

Mike

#6 ·
We have a 2019 Limited that I need to get a full build thread on here soon as I finish winch install. Car has LP Aventure lift with Rallitek replacement OE heigh springs, 15" wheels with 215/75/15 BFG AT KO2s and various other mods. I installed sound deadener in the car prior to tire install and saw a significant drop in interior volume levels on factory tires. I have not run the meter after installing the KO2s but there is a definite increase in tire hum after. You definitely know the tires are there. I don't believe there is any way a full size spare will fit in the OE spare location as it's a tiny little donut tire/wheel sunk in the floor with a tight fit. Sound deadener made a difference in fitment of the donut back in position so if you want everything to go back in as stock inside, full size won't fit. Many Subaru dealers install and sell the LP Aventure lift as a package off the lot that are covered under warranty. It was a bit more expensive but was the most complete lift I found for my wife's Crosstrek. Install was easy and alignment went perfect after, I'm happy with my selection on this lift package.

As to if it's necessary-totally depends on your needs, use and desires. The car is quite capable off the lot and till take you many places other vehicles won't. We moved into the Crosstrek after 11 years in an Outback. We know what the Outback was capable of in bone stock trim and I had a plan for the Crosstrek to handle those chores. We live in PNW where we get rain and snow and spend a lot of time in the hills. Ground clearance was an issue in the hills with the Outback. I knew I was going to lift the Crosstrek as a result. I'm not impressed with the factory Falken tires in snow so I knew I wanted something to do a bit better. We've now driven the Crosstrek in the mountains places our Outback could never go- due to more clearance under the car and better tires. Not to mention the new X-Mode system. I'm very satisfied with the mods done and while not absolutely necessary for everyone- are a huge improvement for what we do at this point in our lives and where we go off pavement. I'm very impressed with this car and what it can do in it's modified state. Is it for everyone? No, not at all but it works for us.

Best of Luck,

Mike
Answered everything I had questions on thank you so much!!!!!

#7 ·
I'm late to this party but the issue of mods and warranties comes up a lot. Further to what @adc wrote:

Any warranty, whether it's for a car or a hairdryer is basically saying that they will correct any manufacturing defects for a certain period of time under normal use. If you buy a 110V hairdryer in the US, then take it on vacation to the UK and plug it into a 240V outlet and it goes up in smoke, you won't be covered by the warranty. If it was advertised as a "travel" hairdryer, you may have a good argument... ?

If you install a lift on your brand new Crosstrek and in a few months the infotainment system fails, that's going to be covered under warranty. However, if the CVT fails and you have it towed into a dealer, they may investigate whether the lift installation caused the problem, especially if it was DIY job. Most of our local dealers sell lifted Crosstreks so they're taking on the responsibility (see pic below).

So, there really isn't a definitive answer to the question of whether it will affect the warranty, and this applies to any mod, even something simple like replacing an incandescent bulb with an LED. The answer is, it MAY affect the warranty...

Here's one at our local dealer, at Christmas, with a bow on it, LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.