Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Need good Off/On Road Tires

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  unsub1 
#1 ·
Hey folks!

coming in at close to 2000 miles on the Crosstrek, and it's time for me to start looking at some better off-road capable tires (Have some mountain and beach
trips in my future).

Been looking at the General Grabbers and the Yoko Geolander AT/s.

I'd like to try to keep the original wheels (for now:grin:) to keep the cost down.

Any recommendations, tips, etc?

#2 ·
in as close to original size as possible, the yoko AT/S seem to be about the only choice! as soon as my stock Geosquealers die I'll be switching to 225/60R17. should be considerably better off road, only mildy (if any) worse on road under hard use and will give a tiny bit more ground clearance.

#7 ·
I've driven on Geolanders since I got my Outback 3.5 years ago. I love them. We've had some crazy wet weather in Austin this past year and they did well, even with our poorly drained roads and terrible drivers! I've had them in the snow and ice in the NM mountains and all kinds of situations and they have been great. I didn't get 50K miles out of them but they still looked pretty decent at 40K when I replaced them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.