Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am planning to transplant the OEM radio (CM644UL) in my 2015 XV Crosstrek Premium with a Fujitsu Ten w/ Navigation (FM634US) from another 2015 XV. The original radio has a back-up camera, but no navigation while the new-to-me headunit has both. Prior posts on similar transplants have been very helpful, but there's still one piece I'm missing that I'm hoping you all might be able to weigh in on.

All of the car's radio wiring harness connectors click in to the back of the new headunit. And with the addition of a GPS antenna and an adapter to plug the Fakra C antenna into the headunit, the navigation seems to work fine. However, even with all the harness connecters plugged in, the rear camera doesn't work. After reading thru many posts and doing other reading online here, I think the issue I have is that the new headunit has a separate 5-pin port for the rear camera whereas I believe the old headunit expects the rear camera connections to come in thru the 28-pin port. So I think (and hoping you all can confirm for me) that I need an extra harness to split out the 28-pin male connector from the car into two connectors - a male 28-pin and a male 5-pin for the rear camera. Assuming this is the case, the good news for me is that Axxess makes a harness that splits out the rear camera wires from a 28-pin connector but it doesn't include the 5-pin male connector.
Here's a diagram of what I think I need (the harness in the yellow box is what I think I need). Does anyone know of such a harness? I'd even take a harness that just included the 5-pin since I can use the Axxess harness and wire up the 5-pin to plug in to the headunit.

Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Plan

By the way, again from older posts, I saw two folks here make custom harnesses... one is "Dave" from AE64. I tried emailing, but so far now response. and the other is Brian AutoHarnessHouse but the autoharnesshouse website appears to be down, so not sure if either of them are still doing business.

So my questions are...
1) is my assumption correct that I need a 5-pin plug and that splitting the rear camera wires out of the car's 28-pin and connecting them to the head unit via the 5-pin plug is the right thing?
2) does anyone know where I can get the 5-pin plug (with or even without a harness)?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek, 2.5 Liter, Pure Red, Limited - This is our 2nd Crosstrek!
249 Posts
Hello! I am planning to transplant the OEM radio (CM644UL) in my 2015 XV Crosstrek Premium with a Fujitsu Ten w/ Navigation (FM634US) from another 2015 XV. The original radio has a back-up camera, but no navigation while the new-to-me headunit has both. Prior posts on similar transplants have been very helpful, but there's still one piece I'm missing that I'm hoping you all might be able to weigh in on.

All of the car's radio wiring harness connectors click in to the back of the new headunit. And with the addition of a GPS antenna and an adapter to plug the Fakra C antenna into the headunit, the navigation seems to work fine. However, even with all the harness connecters plugged in, the rear camera doesn't work. After reading thru many posts and doing other reading online here, I think the issue I have is that the new headunit has a separate 5-pin port for the rear camera whereas I believe the old headunit expects the rear camera connections to come in thru the 28-pin port. So I think (and hoping you all can confirm for me) that I need an extra harness to split out the 28-pin male connector from the car into two connectors - a male 28-pin and a male 5-pin for the rear camera. Assuming this is the case, the good news for me is that Axxess makes a harness that splits out the rear camera wires from a 28-pin connector but it doesn't include the 5-pin male connector.
Here's a diagram of what I think I need (the harness in the yellow box is what I think I need). Does anyone know of such a harness? I'd even take a harness that just included the 5-pin since I can use the Axxess harness and wire up the 5-pin to plug in to the headunit.

View attachment 309067

By the way, again from older posts, I saw two folks here make custom harnesses... one is "Dave" from AE64. I tried emailing, but so far now response. and the other is Brian AutoHarnessHouse but the autoharnesshouse website appears to be down, so not sure if either of them are still doing business.

So my questions are...
1) is my assumption correct that I need a 5-pin plug and that splitting the rear camera wires out of the car's 28-pin and connecting them to the head unit via the 5-pin plug is the right thing?
2) does anyone know where I can get the 5-pin plug (with or even without a harness)?

Thanks in advance!!
I checked and their website is up and running. (I use Brave browser.)

Their email contact is: [email protected]

I did a check on their website, including their phone number.

Their ICANN registration address is Kalkofnsvegur 2, Reykjavik, Capital Region, 101, IS. The phone number associated with the ICANN registration is: +354.4212434.

A check on that phone number showed another website associated with that number as coinbase-usa.com. (Found some interesting things about that site as well.) FYI: This could be a Quebec Canada phone number - but I am not positive on that.

What I've posted is public information - no privacy rules have been violated!

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked and their website is up and running. (I use Brave browser.)

Their email contact is: [email protected]

I did a check on their website, including their phone number.

Their ICANN registration address is Kalkofnsvegur 2, Reykjavik, Capital Region, 101, IS. The phone number associated with the ICANN registration is: +354.4212434.

A check on that phone number showed another website associated with that number as coinbase-usa.com. (Found some interesting things about that site as well.) FYI: This could be a Quebec Canada phone number - but I am not positive on that.

What I've posted is public information - no privacy rules have been violated!

Hope this helps.
Thanks - After retyring their website, its working now... maybe I fat-fingered the url. But at any rate, I think I found the harness I need from their site. thanks (and I use Brave too!)

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,192 Posts
I believe this HU was used in Toyotas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks - After retyring their website, its working now... maybe I fat-fingered the url. But at any rate, I think I found the harness I need from their site. thanks (and I use Brave too!)
Actually, I didn't fat-finger the URL. One of my PCs uses McAfee Firewall which was preventing access to autoharnesshouse.com for some reason. if you're having a similar problem, it may be your firewall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I own the Autoharnesshouse.com website and I just wanted to let you know that we are fully in business and we are based in Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Personal information is masked in the ICANN registration because Domain Privacy Protection is turned on through our registrar. This is why the information that Skyfix reports shows up!

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
14,661 Posts
Hi all, I own the Autoharnesshouse.com website and I just wanted to let you know that we are fully in business and we are based in Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Personal information is masked in the ICANN registration because Domain Privacy Protection is turned on through our registrar. This is why the information that Skyfix reports shows up!
Perhaps register as a vendor...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Brian - in case anyone else needs the same harness, its here: AutoHarnessHouse
But again, mind the McAfee Firewall issue if it applies to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts