Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Limited 2.5 bone stock (for now)
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that had read my introduction, you'll know I had some issues getting this purchase finalized through my salesman. But I managed to get my '21 Limited on Friday and already put it through some of the paces on and off-road.

I like this car.

I mean, I really like this car. There's just something about it that lets me know it'll be fine getting down the unmaintained, pothole filled, rutted roads heading out to camp. It'll let me throw the chainsaw in the back, keep my rifle in the passenger seat, or get dressed u and go to dinner & a movie with the wife. Just an all around fun vehicle that I want to start modifying.

Which leads me to the purpose of this thread. I'll be documenting the process of everything I do to the car here. I may make a breakout thread or two for some more in depth mods/installs, but the main overview will be here. Funding this project will be the savings in fuel/vehicle payments after switching from my '15 Titan PRO4X. I figured it out to be around $55 Bi-Weekly. This doesn't include the items I need to install in order to use it how I need to. So the hitch receiver, wiring for it as well as any suspension work needed to ensure the car can handle my trailer properly.

The car as it sits currently:

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Wheel

Future mods (in priority ish order):
RTX Ink gold machined wheels (16x7)
Ordered
Wildpeak A-T Trail 215/70 R16 Ordered
Hitch receiver & wiring Ordered
Subwoofer & Amp have most items left over from other projects
Crawford air/oil separator
Crawford power blocks
Crawford resonated exhaust
Pedal commander
Manufacture a 'hooning' switch for TCS (will do a write up on install when I attempt it)

I'll add more to this list as it comes to me, but that's where it sits for now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
UPDATE :
The rims arrived last week, just waiting on the rubber to come in now, and I've decided to add some RalliTek rear overload springs, and standard height (+0.5") front springs after some fast driving down the camp roads this past weekend. Man does she like to wallow through those dips! I mean, I'm not surprised, but man, this thing needs some serious suspension work.

I also disabled the seat belt beeper. If it's not considered a mod, it should be considered a requirement.

Update October 7 : the rubber has arrived and been mounted to the rims. Now this is damn nice. Also, I got the hitch receiver mounted up with the wiring installed.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holding space #3 (last holding space, I swear!)

·
Premium Member
2020 Crosstrek Premium 6MT
220 Posts
Welcome!

"Hooning" . . . . . .

You will need some serious tuning and suspension upgrades. I am experiencing some issues from the factory suspension design (front LCAs in particular) that have caused some stability issues. However, some of my findings have been addressed with the WRX/STI. Subarus are like Legos and many parts are interchangeable.

I look forward to watching your build.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Subarus are like Legos and many parts are interchangeable.

I look forward to watching your build.
Yeah, they're a lot like the older Nissans from what I gather. Love it when manufacturers cookie cutter the parts for different models, makes upgrading much simpler. Access to aftermarket is usually better this way too.

Isn't it called 'hooning' nowadays? lol we just called it dickin' around when I was a kid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the new rubber mounted to the new rims and installed on my new car lol. Pure panty dropper now. Hitch was a breeze to install, worst part was the hot filings falling down my shirt sleeve. Wiring was very straight forward, just had to pop off the rear lowermost portion of the plastics under the hatch and plug it in/attach the ground with the supplied self tapping screw.

I've also ordered the Rallitek suspension as of yesterday, should be in on the 15th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts