Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried bypassing the vehicle speed sensor to watch video while moving or using GPS while in motion? There's a write up on the BRZ forum which looks like the same head unit so I'm unsure this will work and I'm still sort of confused on the instructions . I want to be able to enter an address while in motion or be able to let a passenger watch a movie while driving. I'm also curious if I wired up a switch to go between GPS and DVD if it'll restart the DVD or stays playing? Seems like its so simple to trick this system but yet only one person has done it and documented it!? I know there are a ton of people wanting to do this I find it hard to believe nobody else has done a DIY.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6632

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am told if you pull the Hand Brake up one notch, then all the functions work, and I am also told that the first notch on hand brake doesn't activate the brake.... Will try next time I am out....

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read that the handbrake helps up to 3 mph and it goes off the with the vehicle speed sensor. Apparently you have to trick the Nav unit to think the vehicle isn't in motion by grounding the VSS wire? Before I go cutting wires I want to try to get clear instructions first. I tried looking for impreza HU instructions to bypass but only found for a BRZ.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi and happy new year to all
I need help, I want to install a GPS system in my crosstrek, need to know location, wire color for
12v constant, 12v on/off by ignition sw
But the most important I need to Know is the easy access to Speed sensor wire location
If anyone has any info / pictures please email to me or post here
All the best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts