Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ok,I’ll bite…
What’s the story with the custom trunk badge? Is that a full replacement or an overlay?
It's an overlay:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Just installed a Nameless Neochrome Quad Exhaust w/5" Mufflers.
It looks nice and has a nice mellow sound, not obnoxious at all.
(and I'm not young) Under half an hour to install.
These should come stock to complete the look of the back end of a Crosstrek.
View attachment 311996 View attachment 311997 View attachment 311998 View attachment 311999 View attachment 312002 View attachment 312003 View attachment 312004
Thank you! What differences have you noticed in your gas mileage and power, response? Please? Will that model fit a 2013 model, with the "Hidden Hitch installed? Thank you!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Thank you! What differences have you noticed in your gas mileage and power, response? Please? Will that model fit a 2013 model, with the "Hidden Hitch installed? Thank you!
Any performance increase would strictly come from a placebo effect.
I have the 2.5, and even though it is peppier than the 2.0, it's still a Crosstrek.
But it's a nice sounding Crosstrek! (none of the videos online do it justice because everyone is just revving them).
It sounds better when you just let the CVT keep the RPM's low with some load on it.
When you get on it, it has the same acceleration as before, but it sounds pretty crazy. (particularly when you stay on it)
See Links: (DON'T FORGET THE MUFFLERS)!
(THESE LINKS ARE FOR 2013-2017) See #7 for the 2018+

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
631 Posts
I'd like to get more info about this setup. This looks fantastic and I guess it can go from quiet to loud at a push of a button.

Stole it from this for sale thread:

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can enter a special diagnostic mode by pressing in and holding the physical home button on the unit while pushing the tune/scroll twice. There’s several things available in this mode so be careful. You can turn the camera on by hitting the camera settings button on the screen then scroll down and chose camera settings again at the bottom of the screen. That turns the camera on while driving down the road. It’ll stay on until you turn it off. To turn it off hit the back button on the screen then the home button on the screen at the upper left. This takes it out of diag mode. I can’t guarantee this works on the older Crosstreks but I know it works on the 2021 Crosstrek limited with the 8 inch Harmon Kardon system.
I find this mode especially helpful when I’m using my small trailer to pick up material at the home stores. You can keep a real time check on the load in case something starts to shift.

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 311996 View attachment 311997 View attachment 311998 View attachment 311999 View attachment 312002 View attachment 312003 View attachment 312004
I'm REALLY liking the dual tip look.... DAMN IT! Now I have to go and spend some more money.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can enter a special diagnostic mode by pressing in and holding the physical home button on the unit while pushing the tune/scroll twice. There’s several things available in this mode so be careful. You can turn the camera on by hitting the camera settings button on the screen then scroll down and chose camera settings again at the bottom of the screen. That turns the camera on while driving down the road. It’ll stay on until you turn it off. To turn it off hit the back button on the screen then the home button on the screen at the upper left. This takes it out of diag mode. I can’t guarantee this works on the older Crosstreks but I know it works on the 2021 Crosstrek limited with the 8 inch Harmon Kardon system.
I find this mode especially helpful when I’m using my small trailer to pick up material at the home stores. You can keep a real time check on the load in case something starts to shift.
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, my 2014 doesn't have a home button, so I'm sure it won't work. However, I am going to try it on my wife's 2020 Forrester and my new 2023 Crosstrek when it arrives. Thanks again!(y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, my 2014 doesn't have a home button, so I'm sure it won't work. However, I am going to try it on my wife's 2020 Forrester and my new 2023 Crosstrek when it arrives. Thanks again!(y)
Your welcome. I’m pretty new to the board. After posting the reply I discovered that info was already posted on another title on this forum. Oppps!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
I just made my very first short video driving like a sane person.
Believe it or not, I don't have a phone, but I made my first video (ever) with a GoPro Hero3 that I had, unopened, in a box of stuff from 2014.
(So please excuse the video and my inexperience. I charged it and hit record at the default settings)
Ignoring the wind noise, it should at least give an idea of how you can make it sound as loud, or as quiet as you want.
There is definitely no drone at any cruising speed, as you can hopefully hear in the video.
As I play around, I'll try posting something a little better at some point.
(1018p next time, windows up, on the highway, and I'll also take it in the city, slow speed, with the windows down). Gurgle time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Noticed you have
Noticed you have the Michelin CrossClimate2 tires. How do you like them?
Don't mean to get off on a tangent, but just curious because I'm contemplating getting them in the future.
Outside of the urban city overlanding, I don't do much offroading that would necessitate getting the Wildpeaks or BFGs.
BTW, the exhaust sounds nice, even with the CVT. Don't notice the gear shifts as much due to the CVT, but that doesn't matter.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts