Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
All Black 2022 Crosstrek Sport
17 Posts
Just installed a Nameless Neochrome Quad Exhaust w/5" Mufflers.
It looks nice and has a nice mellow sound, not obnoxious at all.
(and I'm not young) Under half an hour to install.
These should come stock to complete the look of the back end of a Crosstrek.
View attachment 311996 View attachment 311997 View attachment 311998 View attachment 311999 View attachment 312002 View attachment 312003 View attachment 312004
Can we get a clip of how it sounds? I've been playing with the idea of changing my exhaust out.

·
Registered
763 Posts
How are the 2 brackets near the exhaust tips attached to the car?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That looks great! How's it sound?
Video clip from Nameless Performance site:
(keep in mind, this guy's on it. It only sounds like that when you want it to.)
Normal driving just give it a nice mellow gurgle. (similar to when he first takes off)
There are more on Youtube and some under the reviews on the Nameless site.
(under the standard 2018+ Crosstrek Quad Exit Axleback Exhaust),
Which is the same exhaust, but I upped for the Neochrome Tips.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How are the 2 brackets near the exhaust tips attached to the car?
It uses the stock three hangers.
Two bolts, a new gasket (all provided) and about 20 minutes and you're good to go!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
It uses the stock three hangers.
Two bolts, a new gasket (all provided) and about 20 minutes and you're good to go!
I have the axel back 5" down-turned single pipe. I used Dawn detergent soap generously on the hangers for removal and installation. Worked like your hands were soaking it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Video clip from Nameless Performance site:
(keep in mind, this guy's on it. It only sounds like that when you want it too.)
Normal driving just give it a nice mellow gurgle. (similar to when he first takes off)
There more on Youtube and some under the reviews on the Nameless site.
(under the standard 2018+ Crosstrek Quad Exit Axleback Exhaust),
Which is the same exhaust, but I upped for the Neochrome Tips.
Damn! I really like the looks AND the sound of those quads...sounds throaty! (y)

I'm probably over thinking it, but any chance the quad tips may melt the rear bumper facia where it comes together at its closest?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn! I really like the looks AND the sound of those quads...sounds throaty! (y)

I'm probably over thinking it, but any chance the quad tips may melt the rear bumper facia where it comes together at its closest?
Absolutely not.
Even Nameless themselves have had to answer that same question.
The tips get warm to the touch, but not hot.
(I think it's the subliminal effect from seeing the "burnt tips") They are actually not burnt.
It is a proprietary chemical process that gives them that nice rainbow/burnt look.
Noechrome is tougher than regular chrome as far as hardness and durability to resist corrosion.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Like I said:
It only sounds like that when you want it to.
(If you stay on it it gets an even better sound)
Normal driving is just a deep throaty gurgle.
Cold start-up is a bit loud if you are a property close neighbour. I do my warmup garage door lifted a couple of inches until idle speed kicks into 600 rpm from 1,600. How is the interior rear trunk sound drone, not noticeable at cruise highway speeds?

I have a drone. But whatever. It's exhaust jewelry and those welds are a work of art. These guys are serious artisans, serious.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I've asked Nameless to identify their exhaust systems by litre value. The 2.5L has equal length outlet block systems to unequal length found in the 2.0L engine. If they post a sound video, [note] associate the sound with the spec of the engine.

I regress.

A beautiful system, those quads.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've asked Nameless to identify their exhaust systems by litre value. The 2.5L has equal length outlet block systems to unequal length found in the 2.0L engine. If they post a sound video, [note] associate the sound with the spec of the engine.

I regress.

A beautiful system, those quads.
Cold start-up is a bit loud if you are a property close neighbour. I do my warmup garage door lifted a couple of inches until idle speed kicks into 600 rpm from 1,600. How is the interior rear trunk sound drone, not noticeable at cruise highway speeds?

I have a drone. But whatever. It's exhaust jewelry and those welds are a work of art. These guys are serious artisans, serious.
The quads are the same for the 2.0 and the 2.5. The Trek in the video is a 2.0. I have the 2.5 Limited. (Slightly deeper, in my opinion)
Cold start up lasts less than a minute and it mellows out pretty quickly.
You can hear the idle towards the end of the video at the revs portion.
There is no drone at all and I even have the cargo cover which if there was one it would be emphasized like being in a bass drum.
It has two of the 5" mufflers and the tips are well past the passenger compartment (not right under the spare tub)

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
There is no drone at all and I even have the cargo cover which if there was one it would be emphasized like being in a bass drum.
It has two of the 5" mufflers and the tips are well past the passenger compartment (not right under the spare tub)
Good back feed Subi-Toy, perhaps the reason I am ordering this quad system. Nameless is amazing. The front strut brace is better than any beefier front sway bar, ...by far. That struct tower brace is a 10-minute install with a knuckle adapteur. Best fast mod on EARTH.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Good back feed Subi-Toy, perhaps the reason I am ordering this quad system. Nameless is amazing. The front strut brace is better than any beefier front sway bar, ...by far. That struct tower brace is a 10-minute install with a knuckle adapteur. Best fast mod on EARTH.
If you go on Nameless' Youtube Channel, they have some cool videos of their employees and facility.
Great group of grass root guys!
When you order from them, it may take a while, but you can be sure of 100% quality stuff.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're ordering? Cool!
Don't forget the MUFFLERS!
It took about 1 month from the time I ordered until It shipped. Once it shipped it took 4 days to come from Washington State to Pa.
They may have some in stock, (Since they build their stuff in batches and just did some Quad's) which would ship out the next day.
Good luck! Keep us in the loop! Godspeed!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Great group of grass root guys!
I am in a couple of specs, hydraulics, and welding. Not by faith or loyalty, but due to farming.

Rule [1] in FarmClub. Sheit doesn't break in pleasant weather, ever.
Rule [2] when it does it's far from a heated barn or any enclosure.
Rule [3] hip boots and a mule if stuff goes crazy while dragging torches in a mud path

Walking the dog welds.

I can feel their art.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am in a couple of specs, hydraulics, and welding. Not by faith or loyalty, but due to farming.

Rule [1] in FarmClub. Sheit doesn't break in pleasant weather, ever.
Rule [2] when it does it's far from a heated barn or any enclosure.
Rule [3] hip boots and a mule if stuff goes crazy while dragging torches in a mud path

Walking the dog welds.

I can feel their art.
This made me appreciate their products all that much more!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts