Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just purchased my first new car (and 4th subaru) and got a '21 sport. Coming from an sti swapped 04 FXT, I miss the rumble and exhaust note. I was looking around and found the obvious crosstrek offerings from borla and LP, but remembered that nameless also made exhausts since I live by their shop. When I was on their website, I noticed they had the dual chamber exhaust that sounds like it has a lot of science behind it. Part of the reason why I got the crosstrek was that it isn't a sports car anymore and won't be bothersome to most, but will still get me to all my favorite outdoor activities.

I saw their forester sport promo and read their article that covers the science behind it. Before purchasing, I did a review search but came up empty-handed. Has anyone actually purchased this axleback for their sport? I saw one video on youtube that [sadly] did not do a great job of highlighting the crosstrek specific version. I went ahead and purchased one so I will end up doing my own review I suppose and trying to highlight install and cold-start sound/under load/etc. I am super excited to get it!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've got the regular 5" muffler version, so I can't speak to this one. I needed some additional noise over stock. Just remember, Subaru uses equal length headers now. so it won't be the Subaru Rumble you would have had with the FXT. In order to get that you need unequal length headers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@wrxKWONDO thanks for the response. I am aware of the UEL situation, but I wanted to keep something remotely stock so I could still go on forest roads, but has a nice note under load. I thought it was cool that they basically cancel out the frequencies for the cabin noise, but still emits the same sound out of the muffler. I was just surprised that nobody else has reviews on this specific axleback. I know it has only been out for months, but considering they do a lot of R&D with locals and testing I was surprised to see no reviews.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went ahead and purchased one so I will end up doing my own review I suppose and trying to highlight install and cold-start sound/under load/etc. I am super excited to get it!
That would be great. I’m interested in hearing it on the transition/kick-down in a passing scenario. I told myself I wasn’t going to bother with exhaust anytime soon but this one has me thinking about it. I think it looks cool too and it seems to keep clearance for trailer hitches.

Hope it puts you in a happy place.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Official welcome...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a weirdo version on my 2018 2.0L engine. I say Weirdo version because I bought a used Forester dual chamber, and had my buddy fit it to my Trek. It sounds EXACTLY like I'd want it to. I didn't want to be obnoxious since it's a slow car, and revs high when cold starting. The dual chamber does a great job at keeping drone down and still sounds good when you get on the gas. On the interstate, I can't hear it over my K02s unless I've geared down to accelerate. I'm sure you sport will be slightly different, but I think you'll be happy! (also mine doesn't have the large Nameless tip on it. So that will probably make yours a bit louder too.)

ig link for audio. (sorry I put music over it lol)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts