Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2019 Crosstrek started randomly beeping twice when the engine is off, all doors and hood fully closed, and no dashboard indicator lights lighted. I spoke with a service tech at the dealership and he was mystified. Before I take the car in for a service appointment that could take "anywhere from 45 minutes to 4 days", does any of you members have any experience with this problem? It has been going on for about 3 weeks and no other problems occur, it is just annoying and worrying us that something more fundamental may be going wrong. Thanks to all for any help.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,111 Posts
Can you record and post it?

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,403 Posts
Welcome!

A few more details here would be helpful. Does this always happen, or is it intermittent? Are you out of the car when it happens? Does your car have a physical key or a keyless entry with key fob? If the latter, is there any chance you have both fobs in or near the car when this happens?

I don't think it's anything fundamental. It sounds like a slightly confused keyless entry system, assuming you have that ...

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,111 Posts
Dumb question, are you sure it's not one of your keys in you pocket pushing the button on the remote. That happens to me sometimes when I bend down to pickup a bag of groceries or whatever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!

A few more details here would be helpful. Does this always happen, or is it intermittent? Are you out of the car when it happens? Does your car have a physical key or a keyless entry with key fob? If the latter, is there any chance you have both fobs in or near the car when this happens?

I don't think it's anything fundamental. It sounds like a slightly confused keyless entry system, assuming you have that ...
It happens intermittently, that was why I called it "random". We are outside of the car whenever it happens, but I must say that we rarely sit inside the car with the engine off for more than a couple of minutes. The keyless entry fobs are never in the car but rather in our house, behind a steel door and/or garage wall and interior wall at least 6 feet from the closest part of the vehicle. I tend to agree with you about a confused keyless entry system, but that explanation was not put forward by the dealer's service tech. Thanks so much for your prompt reply!

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
215 Posts
is it because of the way you shut the door? Do you touch those two stripes on the door handle? That's the "touch lock/touch open" function.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have keyless entry and it only happens when I leave the fob in the car, close the door and try to lock it or walk away.
I usually keep it in my pocket but sometimes pop it in the cup holder when in a hurry. The beeps just remind me I'm forgetting something :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts