8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Reactions: bruisedwillis

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Just did some searching for Aha out of curiosity and it seems that wasn't working either when the new gen came out. Wi-Fi updates started working a year or so ago and maybe that's when Aha started working, too. What I don't know is whether you need to be on a more recent release of the firmware for them to work, or it's something they turned on remotely, at Harman.

@AceConrad your release is pretty old - 18.22 is the build date (year.week) and I recall the firmware was still pretty buggy back then, so that may have something to do with it. Let us know if Aha works for you...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Has anyone updated to the July release? If so, what changes have you seen?

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Scroll back a bit or check the first post... 😸

The big change is the option to turn off the annoying SXM alerts.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Scroll back a bit or check the first post... 😸

The big change is the option to turn off the annoying SXM alerts.
Thanks - I wonder what else was changed

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Thanks - I wonder what else was changed
As do I...

However, it seems to take months for the TSB to be posted on the NHTSA site. I don't know of any other sources.

·
Registered
281 Posts
As do I...

However, it seems to take months for the TSB to be posted on the NHTSA site. I don't know of any other sources.
BTW - where is the control on the newest update to "turn off the annoying SXM alerts"?

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
BTW - where is the control on the newest update to "turn off the annoying SXM alerts"?
After I installed it, via Wi-Fi, a new menu showed up under SXM settings with all of the alerts that could be turned on or off. They were all on by default. I turned all of them off! 😸

·
Registered
281 Posts
After I installed it, via Wi-Fi, a new menu showed up under SXM settings with all of the alerts that could be turned on or off. They were all on by default. I turned all of them off! 😸
thanks

Reactions: AstroKats

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thanks Astokats. I set mine Wifi to do the Auto Updates. I've been having some glitches deleted my customised driver profiles, some settings on my phone and got a new USB cable. A bit better but not nearly as good as it was before. I think I'll go back to scratch with AA too now thanks to your post. 🙏🐨
Hi @AstroKats current version down here for me is Rel_A2.20.07.20 Navi Databse Version Oceania_991_6759_9121

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2020 Limited and have all sorts of problems with the HU. I just updated to the newest firmware last week and still have all the same problems. I'm using an iPhoneXS (on newest iOS etc) via carplay.

Here's a brief list:

• Sometimes I use voice command via siri to play something on spotify and it gets the command correct and says "playing blah blah on spotify" but then it does not actually do it. I can repeat the command again and it still won't do anything. Sometimes then using the right left arrow on the steering wheel to "skip" and then "go back" will snap it into action but not always. Sometimes I need to unplug the phone.
  • Sometimes navigation voice just disappears. This seems to happen with Apple Maps, but I haven't had it happen yet with Google Maps. Could be coincidence but I'm not sure.
  • Random "crackling" of Siri voice etc from CarPlay. When using the system in normal circumstances at normal volumes sometimes the navigation voice / siri voice will harshly "crackle" as if wires are being crossed.
I love this subaru but the HU unit does seem to be a hot mess, at least when combined with CarPlay... Not sure how much of the blame here is on CarPlay and how much the HU unit since I haven't used CarPlay much in other cars and don't know if its any more stable.

Any solutions or suggestions to the above greatly appreciated!

best
-N

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Liimited, 2018 Outback Touring, 2005 WRX
54 Posts
NJ,
The first thing I would do is swap out your lightning cable with a different one, preferably high quality like Anker, etc., not some gas station convenience store purchase.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
As @DAG wrote, the cable can make a huge difference. The HUs had a lot of issues early on but for the most part they have been addressed with firmware updates and, in some cases, the HU being swapped out. It's also possible there's something wrong with the USB port in your car.

There's also a TSB for the amp if you have the HK upgrade that address some of these issues:

161 - 173 of 173 Posts