Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru XV Crosstrek
36 Posts
Thanks but that looks like it's on a phone and very different from mine (Chrome on a PC). Can you try that?
Same thing. Just shows that no updates for the vehicle are available... The other pic was just to show that I do have one registered.

Ive been looking in the settings in the car for where to do the update from and I cant find it on the head unit. Do I need to download an app to get it to run over wifi and check for updates, as there is nothing in the general settings

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Wow, weird...

You need to go into settings, find the Wi-Fi settings and connect your car to your Wi-Fi, then check for updates.

I think what is key is the bit that says "no vehicle has been registered". Try calling the dealer or SOA and see if they make sure you're vehicle is registered with Subaru.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Just checked the other post that popped up recently (because there aren't enough firmware threads here already)...

The version numbers posted there are consistent with the nav/no-nav versions we've seen that are different:

A2.20.07.20 - No nav
A2.20.18.20 - bundled with maps for North America
A2.20.14.20 - bundled with maps for Africa

The two middle numbers are the build date (year.week) but it seems they were all released recently.

Reactions: Doca

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I've updated the first post. I don't see a TSB on the NHTSA site yet. That tends to lag a bit...

Please reply with any updates.

Reactions: DAG

·
Registered
280 Posts
This is what I was looking at (from my first post here):

Gen 3.0 HU for most '18 cars (November 2019):
Firmware Version: A1.19.45.20 (non-nav, installed by a dealer on 3/4/20 was A1.19.12.20)
Maps Version: USA Canada and Mexico_1036_7156_9747

So the maps were not updated. Of course, what we don't know is what will happen if the maps ARE updated. I'll edit my post with an update. Thanks for pointing that out!
The "download version" has Maps Version: USA Canada and Mexico_1036_7156_9747 for the July update too. Looks like it's only a firmware update.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
The "download version" has Maps Version: USA Canada and Mexico_1036_7156_9747 for the July update too. Looks like it's only a firmware update.
Yep, that's the conclusion I came to also, although they don't know what version you are on (you may have really old maps) so I expect it includes maps but not a newer version of maps than the last firmware update.

Make sense?

·
Registered
2020 Subaru XV Crosstrek
36 Posts
@AstroKats I just went back out and checked my system. I dont have a way to update it to any new software without taking it in, as even when on wifi it is showing no screen to update through... Ive already been in contact with SoA for something else and let them know this too so hopefully I can figure it out... My local dealership is used to dealing with older clients that dont care about the tech as much so they dont have a clue what is going on... I paid good money for these upgrades and systems I want them working lol.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
@AstroKats I just went back out and checked my system. I dont have a way to update it to any new software without taking it in, as even when on wifi it is showing no screen to update through... Ive already been in contact with SoA for something else and let them know this too so hopefully I can figure it out... My local dealership is used to dealing with older clients that dont care about the tech as much so they dont have a clue what is going on... I paid good money for these upgrades and systems I want them working lol.
For context, the Wi-Fi download option was available on our '18 Limited from day one but never worked. Only the Limited had the Wi-Fi but no one with a Limited could get the updates via Wi-Fi, we all had to go to the dealer (or do the update via the maps site for those of us who had nav). I just had the dealer do it when it was in for regular service. Then about a year ago, Wi-Fi updates suddenly started working.

I suspected at the time that a particular level of firmware was needed to be able to do Wi-Fi updates. That may be part of your problem but it may also be that your VIN has not been registered with Subaru properly due to what you've reported with the MySubaru and maps sites.

Anyway, good luck and let us know what happens!

Reactions: Ninjarabi

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yep, that's the conclusion I came to also, although they don't know what version you are on (you may have really old maps) so I expect it includes maps but not a newer version of maps than the last firmware update.

Make sense?
The question is what was changed for this update.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
The question is what was changed for this update.
The TSB has that info but one hasn't been posted on the NHTSA site yet. When it does, I'll post a link in my first post (which has some updated info, btw).

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
If you want to keep an eye on it, here's where to look: 2018 SUBARU CROSSTREK SW AWD

HU updates are in the Electrical section and the last one was in May about the January release of firmware with a build date in November... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
My touchscreen froze today in my Crosstrek Premium. Seemed liked it got confused with plugging and unplugging a phone into Apple CarPlay.
As a reminder for folks, from the owners manual, to reset/reboot the Starlink Headunit:

"Press and hold the knob for 10 seconds or longer to reset the system if the touch screen becomes unresponsive during operation or if any other system error occurs."

This fixed my touchscreen issue.
In case you need to do the same on an alternate vehicle, Consumer Reports has a list of the secret commands here for many vehicles:
Consumer Reports How to Reboot your Car's infotainment System

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
My touchscreen froze today in my Crosstrek Premium. Seemed liked it got confused with plugging and unplugging a phone into Apple CarPlay.
As a reminder for folks, from the owners manual, to reset/reboot the Starlink Headunit:

"Press and hold the knob for 10 seconds or longer to reset the system if the touch screen becomes unresponsive during operation or if any other system error occurs."

This fixed my touchscreen issue.
In case you need to do the same on an alternate vehicle, Consumer Reports has a list of the secret commands here for many vehicles:
Consumer Reports How to Reboot your Car's infotainment System
Yep, that's in my first post! 😸

Reminder to all to check the first post for the latest on the '18+ HU if you have a question. If it's missing something, let me know and I'll add it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Let us know what you get! 😸
Well I finally got around to sorting out my AA HU + Spotify issues and did the factory reset on my HU. It was interesting because it told me what it updated but not the version. I'm wondering if updates are rolled out differently in Aus. The reset updated 5 packages 1. RH850, 2. IFS, 3. System Files, 4. Mini files and 5. Nav SW.
A SIDE NOTE: Nav SW is interesting because that's our biggest NSW COVID Cluster/Outbreak region at the moment. A coincidence I'm sure but I'm still not driving out that way to see how 'updated' the satnav is 😷🤐. We actually bought the car there. 🐨

·
Registered
136 Posts
Today I tried to upgrade my HU firmware from Rel_U0.18.22.20 using Wifi update but kept getting this message:

I tried rebooting the system by holding down the volume knob until the Starlink logo appeared but it didn't help.

I have never used a mobile device to try to update so not sure why this is happening.
Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
another question while you huys are busy fixing the stuff: my radio dont show the complete name of artist and songtitle... several people at SUbaru told me they got this problem too after a softwareupdate. how is it with your radios?? it shows all the artistname and title? ( DAB radio here in Norway -.- )

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
I have long suspected that you need to be on a certain new release of the firmware before you can do over the air updates. No proof or even anecdotal evidence of this, just my suspicion. If you have nav you can download new firmware bundled with maps and install it via USB.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nope, I don't have nav. I guess I will try my dealer. Kind of a weird message to get if the firmware doesn't allow it. When googling I found a couple of guys on an Outback forum that reported the same thing but had no solution.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts