Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
681 - 700 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,124 Posts
I believe it's both. Comparing the last update to the latest one it seems like there has been an updated map version because the map numbers are different and for firmware, we just gotta download it and see what has changed for the HU.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #683 ·
I believe it's both. Comparing the last update to the latest one it seems like there has been an updated map version because the map numbers are different and for firmware, we just gotta download it and see what has changed for the HU.
You first, LOL!

Reactions: Arthur

·
Prefers black cats
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #689 ·
Probably hasn't been released yet.
Yep, there's usually a gap between the nav version and non-nav. Or it may be only a maps update.

I keep the Wi-Fi turned off as it's annoying have to keep dismissing the messages.

Reactions: sas-XV and Arthur

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Here's the update: I'm a little confused by this update because it asks for an activation code. Following the steps from the Map Downloader, it says I must go into settings > Navigation > Map Update Information
I did that and got the code so I can activate the map update. However, when I type it in and click enter it says it's the wrong pin. I'm very confused by this. In the last pic, I tried using that code to see if it would work but it didn't. Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to hit skip because what happens if I end up not updating the map but only the firmware? Also, my subscription expires on January 21st, 2023.
Font Wood Rectangle Tints and shades Gas

Light Communication Device Gadget Font Flat panel display

Personal computer Communication Device Computer Output device Font

Light Communication Device Gadget Line Font

·
Prefers black cats
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #692 ·
That's what I had to do last time...

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Prefers black cats
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 ·

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited - Magnetite Gray Metalic
55 Posts
I just downloaded this release to a USB Stick and will install it on my 2021 Crosstrek tomorrow. The download page says "No Activation Code needed" - I find that downloading the update to a USB Stick works faster than using WiFi directly from the car to install the update. I have not been asked for a activation code when I used either method.

Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I just downloaded this release to a USB Stick and will install it on my 2021 Crosstrek tomorrow. The download page says "No Activation Code needed" - I find that downloading the update to a USB Stick works faster than using WiFi directly from the car to install the update. I have not been asked for a activation code when I used either method.

View attachment 308506
I have a feeling it asked for it because my free map updates expire in 2023. When I did it in the past it didn't ask for any code, just downloaded it onto my USB and insert it into the car. I also agree with you downloading the update onto a USB stick is a lot more faster and reliable than a WiFi update.

·
Prefers black cats
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #699 ·
Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
3,032 Posts
Has anyone tried doing an update after their free subscription expired?

681 - 700 of 704 Posts