Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Is it possible to run a iPhone and a iPod Nano with the ports in the console? When I tried a 32GB thumb drive and iPhone the iPhone took over and the HU never saw the thumb drive when both devices were plugged in. I was hoping to use a iPod Classic (160GB) but that never got recognized.
I'm not sure about all iPods but I've seen others report that the iPhone will take over. Same as when I have my Android plugged in - even if it's set to a higher priority, an iPhone will always take over. We have a separate iPhone cable plugged into the cig port just for charging. If you have room on your phone you're probably better off having all the music on there.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I found out by accident that first posts can now be edited. So I've resurrected this thread as so many folks ask about firmware updates.

Let me know if anything needs to be added/changed, especially in the first post!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a 19 no NAV unit. On I believe is the latest firmware 19.22.70. I had all of the early issues of radio presets disappearing, AA disconnects to the point I would not use it and every once in a while when I would start the car the band would change from FM to AM. And I had the unit completely lock up to where I had to wait about an hour for the radio to reset. That only happened once. Since the last update I only have the change from FM to AM when I start the car happen maybe two or three times. AA still glitches every once in a great while. No where near as bad as it used to. Still all in all a pathetic HU that should have it's firmware updates extended for free or made available for us techie types to do our own updates via USB. Why I should have to pay to fix someone else's pathetic coding after the warranty period really burns my @ss.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have a 19 no NAV unit. On I believe is the latest firmware 19.22.70. I had all of the early issues of radio presets disappearing, AA disconnects to the point I would not use it and every once in a while when I would start the car the band would change from FM to AM. And I had the unit completely lock up to where I had to wait about an hour for the radio to reset. That only happened once. Since the last update I only have the change from FM to AM when I start the car happen maybe two or three times. AA still glitches every once in a great while. No where near as bad as it used to. Still all in all a pathetic HU that should have it's firmware updates extended for free or made available for us techie types to do our own updates via USB. Why I should have to pay to fix someone else's pathetic coding after the warranty period really burns my @ss.
There is a newer version (see the first post) but it seems to only be available with a maps update if you have nav. If so, you can do your own update with a USB drive... 😸

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I've added the TSBs for the previous releases to the first post, since the latest releases seem to only be available bundled with a map update for cars with nav.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just received a postcard with information on a class action suit against Subaru related to the Harman HU. Home | Udeen v. Subaru of America, Inc.
Even if you don't participate in the suit, the warranty on the system is extended to 5 years or 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Haven't received the postcard yet but I've read about it. Doesn't affect us much as we have the 10yr/100K extended warranty. Although I understand there's some compensation for how many times you had to visit the dealer for it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Haven't received the postcard yet but I've read about it. Doesn't affect us much as we have the 10yr/100K extended warranty. Although I understand there's some compensation for how many times you had to visit the dealer for it.
10/100k on your 18 or 19?

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Is that for 19's also?
From what I've read, it only relates to the Gen 3.0 unit in the '17 and '18 Imprezas and '18 Crosstreks. There may be some early '19s with the 3.0 but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The '19 was in for regular service yesterday and the coil recall. I asked about firmware and they updated it to 19.36.70. I doesn't have nav so I couldn't do the update via the download when it first came out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The '19 was in for regular service yesterday and the coil recall. I asked about firmware and they updated it to 19.36.70. I doesn't have nav so I couldn't do the update via the download when it first came out.
In about a month or so I'll send my 2019 Non-Nav in for it's 10k kilometer first service appointment and request the latest update as part of the work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone noticed if A1.19.45.20 has any improvement on Android Auto connection issues? Would be nice to make it to work without having to unplug/replug my phone :(

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Has anyone noticed if A1.19.45.20 has any improvement on Android Auto connection issues? Would be nice to make it to work without having to unplug/replug my phone :(
I stopped having connection issues with AA after, I think, the December 2018 update. It's been pretty solid for me since then. If you're on 19.45 then you must have an '18 with nav, right, same as ours?

Try a new, good quality cable. If that doesn't work it could be a faulty USB port, or you just have a dud HU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I stopped having connection issues with AA after, I think, the December 2018 update. It's been pretty solid for me since then. If you're on 19.45 then you must have an '18 with nav, right, same as ours?

Try a new, good quality cable. If that doesn't work it could be a faulty USB port, or you just have a dud HU.
This is a '18 Premium (no nav). I've had some good releases....others that have been worse. I've had good cables & bad cables. Generally, if I make an hour w/o issues, it's a good trip. I'm currently on 19.12.20

Without touching cable, phone, or USB - if I hold down the power button & reboot the HU, it generally reconnects.

I love AA, when it works. But boy, can it be frustrating!

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
This is a '18 Premium (no nav). I've had some good releases....others that have been worse. I've had good cables & bad cables. Generally, if I make an hour w/o issues, it's a good trip. I'm currently on 19.12.20

Without touching cable, phone, or USB - if I hold down the power button & reboot the HU, it generally reconnects.

I love AA, when it works. But boy, can it be frustrating!
Got it, I thought you already had 19.45.

So, the only way you'll be able to get the latest version is via a trip to the dealer, and I'm not even sure they are doing that yet. Check with the dealer and see what they say (i.e. what's the latest version they will install for you). However, 19.12 should be pretty good. If you're sure it's not the cable or the USB port, then it could be a dud HU, that they will replace under warranty.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Install using Aha was okay albeit silly to install another media app. 2019 premium with limited 8" non nav HU swap
OK, good to know, thanks. That may help for the folks who don't have nav or Wi-Fi.

If you want to write up a little how to (the steps) I'll add it to the first post.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts