Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

401 - 420 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
One of the reasons that, I suspect, my update took almost the hour is that I had previously manually downloaded six different states worth of maps. I have done this through the navigation settings menu, while connected to a Wi-Fi. One of the things that I do for my job requires some travel, so I made sure to have maps downloaded For off-line use already. I’m wondering if the long update time, even while using a USB thumb drive, could be accounted for the system having to either compare and over right as needed, or slipstream the newer maps into the update that I was installing…
I guess this will depend on the deltas between the new and already installed maps. "Most" firmware updates compare CRCs of the new and existing images before over writing anything.

·
Registered
The avalanche has already started.
80 Posts
I guess this will depend on the deltas between the new and already installed maps. "Most" firmware updates compare CRCs of the new and existing images before over writing anything.
It’ll also depend on whether or not the packages are all monolithic, or discrete. And how the “updater/installer/pick your term“ then proceeds to install them… there are lots of technical details that we don’t know, I would imagine. :).

·
Registered
385 Posts
So, does anyone know yet if this is a firmware update, or just new maps?
20.28.70 is for HU ver3.1 and is maps only based on the document linked to on the first post on this thread.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
20.28.70 is for HU ver3.1 and is maps only based on the document linked to on the first post on this thread.
I meant the new one:

Rel_A2.20.40.20 NAFTA
USA Canada and Mexico_1056_7522_10469

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,536 Posts
I meant the new one:

Rel_A2.20.40.20 NAFTA
USA Canada and Mexico_1056_7522_10469
I just downloaded this one today, and will be installing it later in the car. I currently have the previous one from Aug.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
I just downloaded this one today, and will be installing it later in the car. I currently have the previous one from Aug.
Check if the radio still comes on, on startup, if it had been off. Someone posted here that it had been fixed.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Check if the radio still comes on, on startup, if it had been off. Someone posted here that it had been fixed.
I know this is an old discussion, and we don't exactly agree on whether it is a problem or not (although no need to get it that again). Mine works exactly as I want it to,... since the beginning. I leave it on when I shut off the car, and it comes back on exactly the same when I start up again.

But I am not exactly sure what you are asking me to do. I think if you just push the vol button it only mutes it, and I am not sure if it stays muted when you start your car again. To turn it off, I believe you have to hold it down longer, and then it turns off your entire HU. Again, not sure if it stays that way when you start up your car.

In any case, I am sure mine works the same as yours, since we are on the same version ATM.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
Yes, that's what I meant, if it stays muted. I don't want to have to shut off the entire HU as I may want to use nav or whatever. Someone posted that it was fixed in a later version to remain in the same state. I've just got into the habit of turning the volume down.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Yes, that's what I meant, if it stays muted. I don't want to have to shut off the entire HU as I may want to use nav or whatever. Someone posted that it was fixed in a later version to remain in the same state. I've just got into the habit of turning the volume down.
OK, I just went out to the garage and tested the Mute. It does NOT stayed muted when I turn the car back on. Again, this is with my current Aug version. I don't have the newly downloaded one installed it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I updated to...
Software Version: Rel_A2.20.40.20
Navi Database Version: USA Canada and Mexico_1056_7522_10469

I tested muting the radio, turning off the car and turning on the car and the radio did not stay muted. No difference from before the update.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
I updated to...
Software Version: Rel_A2.20.40.20
Navi Database Version: USA Canada and Mexico_1056_7522_10469

I tested muting the radio, turning off the car and turning on the car and the radio did not stay muted. No difference from before the update.
Got it, thanks! Notice any other changes or is it just maps?

Btw, the maps site says our subscription will expire in August 2021 which seems like a weird date seeing as we bought it in November 2017. What does yours say, compared to how long you've had it?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Got it, thanks! Notice any other changes or is it just maps?

Btw, the maps site says our subscription will expire in August 2021 which seems like a weird date seeing as we bought it in November 2017. What does yours say, compared to how long you've had it?
Ours says the same, and we also bought in Nov/17. I thought it was only a 3 year subscription, which is why I downloaded mine today thinking it will expire on Nov 23 (when we took possession).

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
Ours says the same, and we also bought in Nov/17. I thought it was only a 3 year subscription, which is why I downloaded mine today thinking it will expire on Nov 23 (when we took possession).
Weird but thanks for checking. Our factory warranty is up tomorrow and I was going to do the same thing today.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Weird but thanks for checking. Our factory warranty is up tomorrow and I was going to do the same thing today.
Geez, looks like you bought your car pretty well same day as ours.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
Geez, looks like you bought your car pretty well same day as ours.
Not quite but darn close. It was the day before Thanksgiving and we drove it to Riverside for dinner the next day. After dinner, I read the manuals while all of the other guys were watching the game... 😸

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,355 Posts
After dinner, I read the manuals while all of the other guys were watching the game... 😸
And for any newbies, he ain't kidding, folks. :D

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I just updated to the latest, and tested Mute off/on again, and no change from last version and before.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Not quite but darn close. It was the day before Thanksgiving and we drove it to Riverside for dinner the next day. After dinner, I read the manuals while all of the other guys were watching the game... 😸
And for any newbies, he ain't kidding, folks. :D
Yeah, but how well did he read the part about how to set up your pin code?...:devilish:

401 - 420 of 435 Posts