Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

381 - 400 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Obvously the site is broken since it doesn't work for two cars (one I now own -'21 and one I traded in - '18) plus your car. I am sure Subaru has another database with that info. They created the "sticker" with all the options listed. The site you want is "mysubaru".
I also use MySubaru, but at one point I was re-directed to the Resources and Map sites and found that they were not working. Someone in Subaru support is supposed to get back to me with an answer related to these sites not working. At no point, after several emails exchanges, did the support person mentioned that the Resources site was discontinued. But... who knows.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
Just got an email that there's a new maps update...

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
It's probably just maps. Here's the new version number:

Rel_A2.20.40.20 NAFTA
USA Canada and Mexico_1056_7522_10469

Reactions: Arthur

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Yep, unless there's another country in North America I'm not aware of... 😸

USA Canada and Mexico_1056_7522_10469

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have '21 no update so far. Confirmed using the app. I bet it's firmware update. Map updates are usually once a year and last one was in August I think. That woudl explain why I don't have one for the my version 3.1

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #389

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
I have NAV, but I have the newer HU - version 3.1
Yes, there are different versions of the firmware. They may release another 3.1 version soon.

·
Registered
The avalanche has already started.
54 Posts
Aaaaaand, the monkey pushes the button.....

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
LOL! 20.28 is the latest for that gen. How did it go?

Reactions: CubGeek

·
Registered
54 Posts
LOL! 20.28 is the latest for that gen. How did it go?
Took almost the full hour it threatened to, but so errors were encountered. Don't notice much different, but i haven't mucked about in the dealer/factory menu settings, so there's likely lots that I'm not seeing because I'm afraid of frelling something up and turning the Whitestar into a brick. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Took almost the full hour it threatened to, but so errors were encountered. Don't notice much different, but i haven't mucked about in the dealer/factory menu settings, so there's likely lots that I'm not seeing because I'm afraid of frelling something up and turning the Whitestar into a brick. :D
I updated my 2021 Limited to UF.20.28.70 over the weekend via USB stick and it only took 25 minutes in the car. I timed it. I guess if you start the process via WiFi from the car you need to take into account the download time, the time to verify the downloaded image (Cyclic Redundancy Check - CRC) and the installation process time. If you download the firmware to your computer and create the image on a USB stick with the Map Downloader it will save you time + gas and avoid download (disconnect) errors and file verification issues. Also keep in mind that the download and file verification process should be a lot faster given the processing power and network download speed of of a PC vs the 2.4Ghz WiFi and processing power of the HU in the car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I updated my 2021 Limited to UF.20.28.70 over the weekend via USB stick and it only took 25 minutes in the car. I timed it. I guess if you start the process via WiFi from the car you need to take into account the download time, the time to verify the downloaded image (Cyclic Redundancy Check - CRC) and the installation process time. If you download the firmware to your computer and create the image on a USB stick with the Map Downloader it will save you time + gas and avoid download (disconnect) errors and file verification issues. Also keep in mind that the download and file verification process should be a lot faster given the processing power and network download speed of of a PC vs the 2.4Ghz WiFi and processing power of the HU in the car.
Luckily I didn't do a Wi-Fi update; after seeing that mapupdater recommended a USB drive with 14gb free, I wasn't gonna subject myself to that. . :) I downloaded the update in just over 3 minutes via the Big Fat Pipe at work (I work for the State of NY), and installed it onto a usb thumbdrive. ;) Then proceeded update. Keep the tips rolling in, though, I'm sure they'll be useful for lots of folks!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
So, does anyone know yet if this is a firmware update, or just new maps?

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, does anyone know yet if this is a firmware update, or just new maps?
This was my first update of a HU ever. But, what I can tell you is that the process was in done in 9 sections each with its own description and 1-100% progress bar. I noticed Section 8 "The Map Update" during the update as it was taking the longest time. I did not pay attention to the name of the other 8 sections as I was hosing the car during the update process. "Maybe" some of those other section had updates (patches) for the HU firmware.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This was my first update of a HU ever. But, what I can tell you is that the process was in done in 9 sections each with its own description and 1-100% progress bar. I noticed Section 8 "The Map Update" during the update as it was taking the longest time. I did pay attention to the name of the other 8 sections as I was hosing the car during the update process. "Maybe" some of those other section had updates (patches) for the HU firmware.
One of the reasons that, I suspect, my update took almost the hour is that I had previously manually downloaded six different states worth of maps. I have done this through the navigation settings menu, while connected to a Wi-Fi. One of the things that I do for my job requires some travel, so I made sure to have maps downloaded For off-line use already. I’m wondering if the long update time, even while using a USB thumb drive, could be accounted for the system having to either compare and over right as needed, or slipstream the newer maps into the update that I was installing…

381 - 400 of 435 Posts