Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
1,963 Posts
OK, will let you have the last word. You will anyway...

Where's that popcorn emoticon?...

·
Registered
610 Posts
For me, I rarely listen to the radio, when I start up the car I want to hear the engine, not the radio. I leave the jack for my MP3 plugged in the console so I have quiet when starting up. Having the option to shut off the radio sem-permanently would be nice...

artosa

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not heard of that one before! Which version of the firmware do you have? Is it just Spotify or the entire Bluetooth connection (so no phone or whatever)?
I'm guessing the entire bluetooth connection. My phone still has bluetooth on and if I press play music (app gets closed out) from my phone it'll start playing through my phone speakers. If I take my time, it eventually reconnects. I'll check the firmware, I don't think the premium w/o nav can update over wifi.

Weird it seems it's mixed on how people feel about the radio.
Fact: if you disconnect Android Auto/Apple car play it will go straight to radio (I don't know about XM) and i'm hearing the same thing from everyone.
Volume of the radio should remain the same when powering the car. If the unit is off before you shut off the car it should remain off. Should. All my other oem radios have worked that way.

I would shut off the radio/head unit when I'm taking it in for service and don't want my music playing. Or when someone talks on their phone, night trails, of whenever I feel like it.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm guessing the entire bluetooth connection. My phone still has bluetooth on and if I press play music (app gets closed out) from my phone it'll start playing through my phone speakers. If I take my time, it eventually reconnects. I'll check the firmware, I don't think the premium w/o nav can update over wifi.

Weird it seems it's mixed on how people feel about the radio.
Fact: if you disconnect Android Auto/Apple car play it will go straight to radio (I don't know about XM) and i'm hearing the same thing from everyone.
Volume of the radio should remain the same when powering the car. If the unit is off before you shut off the car it should remain off. Should. All my other oem radios have worked that way.

I would shut off the radio/head unit when I'm taking it in for service and don't want my music playing. Or when someone talks on their phone, night trails, of whenever I feel like it.
Even the Limiteds with Wi-Fi have had to go into the dealer for the last few updates. If you have nav, you can download an update (see my first post).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Got Rel_Uo.18.22.20 today while I was at the dealer. If any strange I’ll reprt it. To be honest I had no problems with 2.17.43.20. But I like the lastest. My original always gave me problems with CarPlay.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got Rel_Uo.18.22.20 today while I was at the dealer. If any strange I’ll reprt it. To be honest I had no problems with 2.17.43.20. But I like the lastest. My original always gave me problems with CarPlay.
Never mind my post in the other thread, LOL...

We have had very few issues with 2.17.43.20 also. Let us know if you notice anything new or better. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
My USB update is 18.30.20 so slightly different/newer for some reason.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My USB update is 18.30.20 so slightly different/newer for some reason.
Yeah, that's why I asked. My guess is that they built a release for the HU, then a later one that added the maps. I wonder if there's any different functionality between them (besides the new maps)?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Here is the text log file from the update. So if 30 represents build week, it is definitely newer.

BUILD VERSION : Rel_U0.18.30.20
BUILD YEAR : 18
BUILD WEEK : 30
BUILD PATCH : 20
BUILD TYP : 1
BUILD BRANCH : Rel
BUILD VP : High

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are these updates specific to the limited model? Looking to update my premium but the deal had no clue of a firmware update when I asked them about it.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Are these updates specific to the limited model? Looking to update my premium but the deal had no clue of a firmware update when I asked them about it.
All 18 and 19 Crosstreks trim levels, maybe other models like the Impreza which the Crosstrek is based on but I'm not certain.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tried the firmware update a month ago, to no effect: the CD player still had the "media loading" message every time I got back in the car.
Yesterday - a new low. The volume, and buttons, were completely unresponsive. Taking it in next Saturday. Awesome.
Sorry, had to vent. This is by far the shittiest head unit I've ever had and to have malfunctioning CD player from day 1 (what is that, late 80s tech?) has been pretty goddamn infuriating.
Not sure if I'm dumping it, but I'm close...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I try to lower the nav audio (android waze) to a lower volume level under 10 but everytime I shut off and turn the car back on it's back at volume level 10.
Either use the mixer that AstroKats mentioned, or you have to adjust the volume knob as Android/Waze is actually speaking. Otherwise, you are just changing the radio volume.

·
Registered
81 Posts
First time new car buyer - do you have to pay for the firmware updates at the dealer? Is it extra if you go in for say an oil change? Do you have to specifically ask for it?
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
106 Posts
If your car is under warranty it is free. You need to ask service for the update. But tell them your HU is not working right. They need to have a problem condition to do the warranty work.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks I'll try that at next oil change.
To add to what Steves1749 wrote, the service advisors (who check you in when you drop off your car for service) are often clueless about the latest recalls or updates. It helps to take printouts from MySubaru and other sites, to educate them... :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just purchased a 19 Crosstrek Premium. My radio stays on when I turn off the car and remove the key. It shuts off when I open the door. Is this normal? I had a 16 Crosstrek Premium that didn't behave this way. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
I just purchased a 19 Crosstrek Premium. My radio stays on when I turn off the car and remove the key. It shuts off when I open the door. Is this normal? I had a 16 Crosstrek Premium that didn't behave this way. Thanks!
Same as our '18 (although we have push to start so no key is removed). I think it's a feature, so you can finish listening to something when you get home without having to leave the engine running.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it possible to run a iPhone and a iPod Nano with the ports in the console? When I tried a 32GB thumb drive and iPhone the iPhone took over and the HU never saw the thumb drive when both devices were plugged in. I was hoping to use a iPod Classic (160GB) but that never got recognized.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts