Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving a few different Subaru models on various occasions, I knew what brand my next car was going to be. I've owned enough of them... American brands were right out, based on the disappointing experiences I've had with Chevrolet and Ford. BMW and Audi made my favorite previous cars, but the maintenance on them can be a nightmare, and I wanted something more economical to both buy and maintain. Thanks but no thanks, Mazda... my 3 was about as boring and uninteresting as they come. Nissan? Maybe? Except none of your recent models interested me.

So, hello, Subaru. I'm here, and I'm happy so far! I found my 2013 XV Crosstrek at a Carmax location near me--and with only 74,100 miles on it, to boot. My best friend, who lives outside Portland, Oregon, scoffed--she said that the price I got was too high, and that she could buy a dozen of the same model for less and with less miles near her (and then sent me a search results page to prove it). I pointed out to her, though, that Subaru is kindasorta the "official" car of the Pacific Northwest, and of course they'd be as common there as rice in China. I showed here the same search but using my ZIP code... two results other than the car I bought, both with more miles at the same price. That shut her up!

So far I haven't had much of an opportunity to really take the car out on any adventures--honestly I wasn't planning to buy until this time next month--but I am sure that me, the XV, and my old dog Hiro will have plenty of adventures soon enough.

One last thing to do, though... the car needs a name...

·
Registered
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.
Here is a thread to give you a good start on naming.
Applies to All Model Years - Sex and Naming | Page 2 | Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums (subaruxvforum.com)
A search will give you many more threads.
Thanks very much! I never used to name my cars, but my ex had a Chevy Cavalier wagon that he named "Barbara" because "it just seems like a middle-aged lady car." The XV definitely doesn't seem like a middle-aged lady car to me, though, so I'll have to give it some thought! :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
After driving a few different Subaru models on various occasions, I knew what brand my next car was going to be. I've owned enough of them... American brands were right out, based on the disappointing experiences I've had with Chevrolet and Ford. BMW and Audi made my favorite previous cars, but the maintenance on them can be a nightmare, and I wanted something more economical to both buy and maintain. Thanks but no thanks, Mazda... my 3 was about as boring and uninteresting as they come. Nissan? Maybe? Except none of your recent models interested me.

So, hello, Subaru. I'm here, and I'm happy so far! I found my 2013 XV Crosstrek at a Carmax location near me--and with only 74,100 miles on it, to boot. My best friend, who lives outside Portland, Oregon, scoffed--she said that the price I got was too high, and that she could buy a dozen of the same model for less and with less miles near her (and then sent me a search results page to prove it). I pointed out to her, though, that Subaru is kindasorta the "official" car of the Pacific Northwest, and of course they'd be as common there as rice in China. I showed here the same search but using my ZIP code... two results other than the car I bought, both with more miles at the same price. That shut her up!

So far I haven't had much of an opportunity to really take the car out on any adventures--honestly I wasn't planning to buy until this time next month--but I am sure that me, the XV, and my old dog Hiro will have plenty of adventures soon enough.

One last thing to do, though... the car needs a name...
Why,lol?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts