Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello all! I sold my 2019 limited pumpkin for a sport the moment the sports arrived at the local dealership. I do miss a couple things from the limited. So I will be doing some mods I think. But the basic few things have done already. Also some of the goals.

Bone stock-
2020-09-15_04-28-15 by samual garvin, on Flickr

First thing I always do, swapped the ugly yellow vanity lights to led
IMG_20200824_091126 by samual garvin, on Flickr

IMG_20200824_091217 by samual garvin, on Flickr

much better and they match the stock LED map lights the car had.

Going from the limited's LED headlights to base headlights was the worst part so far. In the meantime I did order a couple LED low beams, I am going to try them for a little while I decide what to do. Back when I had a FXT I did a swap with the limited headlights, so I might do that again, or maybe a retrofit. I am trying to decide on what to do.

IMG_20200824_092059 by samual garvin, on Flickr

2020-09-15_04-34-10 by samual garvin, on Flickr

The cut off seems to be pretty good

2020-09-15_04-34-20 by samual garvin, on Flickr

Next I originally started a project for some new speakers, going from the h/k system to stock wasnt the best.

IMG_20200830_072449 by samual garvin, on Flickr

IMG_20200830_072454 by samual garvin, on Flickr

2020-09-15_04-26-00 by samual garvin, on Flickr

However this was NOT a successful swap. The resistance on the new speakers was too much, and the sound was very low. I stopped this project for the moment, and I am thinking about doing a alpine mini amp behind the dash to get this running correctly.

I also had a bunch of the carbon fiber covers that I took from my 2019 that I moved over to the sport, it actually looks better then in the limited to me, since the door has carbon on it in the sport.

20200915_093731 by samual garvin, on Flickr

20200915_093728 by samual garvin, on Flickr

20200915_093758 by samual garvin, on Flickr

I have ordered the OEM rain guards but they have not arrived quite yet

Last thing was today, I had ceramic window tint installed, I dont do super dark, I always just match the rears.

20200915_093445 by samual garvin, on Flickr

20200915_091631 by samual garvin, on Flickr

Basically the plans / things I am looking to do next are
  • Audio system
  • headlights
  • I have always been tempted to do interior leds in the footwells, but we will see

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,249 Posts
Reactions: Ladybug1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and i'm wondering how the 2.5L compares to the 2.0L since you've owned both
I notice quite a difference actually, still not to the levels of the WRX(s) or the FXT that I have owned, but between this and the 19 I feel it every day. This is the speed that it should have always had.

Yes but he went from a first gen...

Nice Crosstrek? Take much of a hit on the '19, selling it so soon?
Actually that is what got me down this rabbit hole lol. I have been hearing things about trade in being stupid good right now. It REALLY worked in my favor. A combo for getting a decent deal years ago, and now. Basically I lost $2,000 between purchase of the 19 and trade in of the 19. Which I will take with having it two years

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,249 Posts
I'm finding it astonishing, almost to the level of unbelievable, what I've been reading about trade in prices against the new '21s. Only losing $2K on a brand new car after driving it for almost two years? A two year lease on the same car would have cost probably $300/mo.

And if the 2.5l is so much better, why are the dealers taking in these used 2.0l cars? Who are they going to sell them to and make a profit? I just don't get it...

·
Registered
87 Posts
and i'm wondering how the 2.5L compares to the 2.0L since you've owned both
I’ll help ya with that. It ain’t much. I’ve got 2k on the clock now. I’ve punched it. I had a 2017 and now a ‘21 sport 2.5. Almost no difference in the butt Dyno. 0-60 is slightly better. The torque will be most noticed when climbing hills, off-road and on.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,249 Posts
"butt Dyno" LOL!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,249 Posts
used cars are selling at a premium right now
Perhaps, but a trade for $2k less than the purchase price of a new car two years ago?! The numbers don't add up.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,638 Posts
Yep ... and with apologies to a couple of you, I can say for certain that the 2.5 offers a driving experience that's very noticeably improved.

(I know that I'm also seeing the benefit of a better-tuned CVT and the 2nd-gen platform, but there's still no doubt that the engine is a very-worthwhile upgrade.)

·
Super Moderator
250 Posts
Alright people.... let's not derail the member's journal too far off topic.

Nice attempt at the speaker upgrade @JediSamReye.

I'm sure you'll find a solution and post it..

C.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey @JediSamReye, is the LED swap in the vanity just a bulb swap? What about the map lights, that was a $$ upgrade at the dealer, just wondering if an easy swap too.
I was disappointed too in the headlights on this, aren't LED cheaper for the manufacturer anyhow? :-(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Were those 6 1/2's from the front or rear of your Sport? My Sport had 6"x 9" s from the factory, NOT RF or HK. I added the RF upgrade to mine and its a ton better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts