Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

My first official XV Pictures. Add ons later

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  TomSG 
#1 · (Edited)
Haven't been able to take photos recently because it's been pouring rain down here in San Francisco.
So here's mine I wanted to share to everyone ;)

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Front Splash Guards was installed afterwards and the Oil Cap and Battery Hold stuff added
Difficulty - ♦♦

Mounting the clips to the hood from the splash guard is a tricky, I had to realign one clip as it did went too far on one side.
NOTE: use dry erase markers. And on the final install (sticky one on bumpers) place them directly under the bumper and don't stick them yet. It's better to removing the splash guard and do reposition them.

#4 · (Edited)
Today, I installed the Front Mesh Grill
Difficulty - ♦♦♦

It took me a while to install this thing. I took off all the clips but wasn't able to remove (partially) the bumper as per the manual. SO I took the piece off on top of the grill and just manage to fit my hand inside the grill and remove the 4 screws and the mounting clips below it (HARD!) good thing I have small hands. :p

#7 ·
Another day challenge.
Tint installation on front Fog lights.

I bought a cheap pre-cut rounded yellowish tint and installed them today and it was so hard to do. I've watched YouTube videos on how to install these and saw them very easy to install but for me it was a bit more of a failure. I still liked them though. ��

Maybe I'll buy another one and replace them and have someone install these instead.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp White

Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Light

#8 · (Edited)
Weekend Install Challenge
Torklift Eco-Invisi Hitch and Yakima Holdup 2"
Difficulty - ♦♦♦♦♦

The most difficult install so far I've ever done. I took me almost half day to install (well, reading manuals, how-to's and watching Youtube videos most of the time) the hitch and being a first time car owner with a little bit of expertise/knowledge on the tools i have in our garage it was a bit hard for me. The Mid-bumper removal was also a PITA* as well but I got some tips on this forums which made it easier for me to take it off.

With some proper tools i would probably be able to get this job done in an less than 2 hours. :) - you'll also need someone to hold the hitch so you can properly mount it under the car.
BTW - I had to cut my stinger because it was too long for the locking screw on the hitch, good thing one of my neighbor helped me out and cut it.

Installation of the Yakima Holdup 2"
Difficulty - ♦

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.