Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

My Crosstrek is made out of aluminum foil :(

Model Years 2012 to 2017 
3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Raleighmclemore 
#1 ·
Now that my wife traded in her Crosstrek for an Ascent, there is less room between cars, even being careful making a small ding is just a matter of her door touching my car! I opened the door and it hit the front fender ever so gingerly and "ding"
...and of course once I know its there my eyes make a bee-line for it
Ughhh

Noticed there are some gizmo's on Amazon that can be used for the purpose of avoiding this scenario, the research has begun.

#3 ·
Condolences for the damage to your vehicle…

I’m not about to go puck my own just to prove a point, but from what I’ve found online, the Crosstrek is no weaker than the average vehicle, the exterior panels are average thickness (gauge) and (roughly the same) steel composition.
My 2008 Honda Fit had clearly thinner exterior panels and dented very easily. Just pressing firmly with one finger could cause indentation.

Just gotta be cautious, and as for your own cars denting eachother, you could buy door edge guards for less than ten bucks that will distribute impact and minimize the chance of causing dents on each others cars…

also if there’s room in your garage, back the *** ends close to eachother and keep the front ends of the cars apart, giving you more room to open driver doors. Another option is one drives in and one backs in - this way neither driver door could open toward and potentially hit the other vehicle.

#7 ·
Speaking of aluminum, you do know that the hood is made out of aluminum. Don't believe me? Find a magnet and check it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.