Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a brand new 2023 crosstrek sport and paired the phone at the dealer.

When I play music from my phone through the Bluetooth it skips every 5-10 seconds like it’s buffering but I drive the same route to work and using the same phone never had this issue in the two other cars we have.

The only thing that worked is if I turned my phone off and on which forces me togo into my phone Bluetooth and select the car to reconnect, then it plays fine until the next time I start a new ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same. Just easier to have a cord and plug in the phone. Charges the phone that way, too. I get the appeal of just keeping your phone in your pocket, but it's just not practical given how poor the Bluetooth is.

·
Registered
2021 Sport
103 Posts
is the issue with the bluetooth or are you streaming music? If its streaming my verizon service has been awful of late, just as a thought. Completely unpair and repair the device, make sure the phone is up to date.

If its bluetooth the cord always sounds better anyway IMO.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i was having problems with dropped calls when connected to bluetooth , and / or using the USB cable. sevice advisor @ dealer said to just quit using bluetooth and connect via UBS. no problems since then.

·
Registered
21' Premuim manual Ice Silver Metallic
50 Posts
I'm surprised to see people having problems with Bluetooth. its been flawless on my car and I've had it for 2 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oddly enough, instead of turning the phone off and on, if I just toggle my Bluetooth off and back on then I don’t have this issue. It only seems to happen when the phone automatically connects to the car when I first get in. I just don’t feel like wasting a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought a brand new 2023 crosstrek sport and paired the phone at the dealer.

When I play music from my phone through the Bluetooth it skips every 5-10 seconds like it’s buffering but I drive the same route to work and using the same phone never had this issue in the two other cars we have.

The only thing that worked is if I turned my phone off and on which forces me togo into my phone Bluetooth and select the car to reconnect, then it plays fine until the next time I start a new ride.
1. Make sure the audio being played is a file downloaded onto your phone, not streaming.
2. Try a different phone, over Bluetooth, confirm if issue occurs with only your phone, or any phone over Bluetooth.
3. Restart your phone to make sure its not a software glitch issue, where something else is causing that issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts