Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New Crosstrek owner here. Just got my 2021 off the lot and noticed that the OEM mudflaps are not my favorite. Would anyone happen to know if I can install an aftermarket mudflap on top of the OEM ones that are already in place? Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
65 Posts
They're easy to remove - you can put Rallyarmor / Rokblokz ones at your discretion after. Fairly straightforward job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're easy to remove - you can put Rallyarmor / Rokblokz ones at your discretion after. Fairly straightforward job.
Thanks. I'd like to keep them on though if possible, and would prefer to not have to drill holes into the new ones as well. Should have been more specific.

·
Registered
2019 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
65 Posts
No drilling whatsoever is required actually. Rallyarmours for example come with the required bracket, nuts and bolts, they fit into existing holes. You can go back to stock configuration anytime. Besides, the OEM ones take the space and the location required to put aftermarket ones.
Example of an installation video here:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No drilling whatsoever is required actually. Rallyarmours for example come with the required bracket, nuts and bolts, they fit into existing holes. You can go back to stock configuration anytime. Besides, the OEM ones take the space and the location required to put aftermarket ones.
Example of an installation video here:
The space thing was what I was worried about. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I installed the RokBlokz over my factory-mounted mud flaps...but I have a 2019 so I am not sure if there is a difference. The rear was a little tight but i did not remove my tire - I used a side-ratcheting screw driver. On the rear it required 3 screws for mounting. One of those requires a hole to be drilled which I decided NOT to do. I mounted the rear flaps using only the 2 screws I could easily reach and it has been fine for two years!

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,197 Posts
I also installed RokBlokz over the factory mudflaps. But on a 2016 car. I did pull off the tires to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts