Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don’t want to cut mudflaps to accommodate the wheels, is anyone making a flap for the 235/75/15’s that doesn’t rub?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nope. Rokblokz and Gorilla Off Road are pretty much the same mud flap. Chicken has the Rokblokz and has rub. I have Gorillas and they rub.

Can't speak for Rally Armor, but I'd bet they rub.

If you go 235/75/15 you're going to have rub with or without mudflaps on the front. It will happen under full lock and even more so when braking and the nose of the car dives. It is minor without flaps, but much more pronounced with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nope. Rokblokz and Gorilla Off Road are pretty much the same mud flap. Chicken has the Rokblokz and has rub. I have Gorillas and they rub.

Can't speak for Rally Armor, but I'd bet they rub.

If you go 235/75/15 you're going to have rub with or without mudflaps on the front. It will happen under full lock and even more so when braking and the nose of the car dives. It is minor without flaps, but much more pronounced with.
Yes, I am getting rub at 235/75/15 and I have a 1.5" lift.
Will the rubbing wear out the rubber and eliminate it eventually?
Should I do anything about it? Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had Rally Armor mudflaps for about 1/2 day. Not only did they rub, they hate off-roading. I lost the first within 10min on a trail. The second came off an hour later. Not just popped off, but ripped the f*** out. Won't do mudflaps anymore.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had Rally Armor mudflaps for about 1/2 day. Not only did they rub, they hate off-roading. I lost the first within 10min on a trail. The second came off an hour later. Not just popped off, but ripped the f*** out. Won't do mudflaps anymore.
Yea, forget that. I'm not doing flaps. I plan to offroad.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I love the look of Gorilla mudflaps for road and soft road. Super for gravel. Backing up to any obstacle can rip the flaps and what they attach to off the car. Going over rough terrain can impact the flaps, too.

I love off roading.

I would not do real off roading with flaps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
KooyaLoompia
Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
At Subaru XV Forum you'll find fellow Subaru XV Enthusiasts to help perfect that Subaru Crosstrek Build, or share all kinds of information about this Subaru from its specs to its design.
Full Forum Listing