Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my dash meter set to read in MPG. Sometimes and very rarely and only when I'm driving down the freeway, the readout will suddenly blink out, then flash the number 1.0 for a bit, then return to the previous MPG number which usually sits around 39.5 MPG. I have to be kind of looking towards it to notice it happen, so it may be doing that more often than I realize. Anyone ever notice this quirk or is my 2017 Subie's computer just having a brain fart once in awhile? :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Could it be that you have been on the road for an hour? That's what mine does....blinks the hours that you have been driving. Resets when the car is turned off.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yup. My '18 blinks once an hour displaying the accrued number of hours since startup.

artosa

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yep, not a glitch but a feature. It's apparently supposed to remind you how long you've been driving without a break and subtly encourage you to stretch your legs :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, that answers that. Yeah, it only happens after I've been on the freeway for about an hour come to think of it. It's not very visible of a reminder though. I only notice it f I happen to glance towards the display when it happens which is rare because I'm usually looking out for traffic and truck tire retread debris in my path. I'm guessing that's the same "feature" used for temperature warnings too. When it hits 37 degrees F, it will blink for a moment to warn you that it's getting near freezing. That's the only thing I noticed in the manual when I read through it, the temperature warning, but not the drive time feature. Guess I missed that. :wink:

·
Registered
264 Posts
You all beat me to it. Yup, the reminder that your commute is suckier then usual tonight!

I think I've even seen it happen when I have the display set to extra terrestrial (E/T) mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts