Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I was wondering if some of you from colder climes could help me with out something.

My little sister is moving from Phoenix, AZ (where we've lived all our lives) to Spokane, WA next month. I'm trying to come up with good going away presents. Somebody already got her a good jacket. Do you have any ideas?
What is different about living in a colder area that we might not think of?
Does she need any different emergency kit stuff to keep in her car?
What is the kind of thing that she might not realize she needs until she's lived there for a few years?

Thanks for the help! I'd love to return the favor if any of you need advice on surviving dry heat.

Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
Maybe give her some flight coupons that she can use in Jan to visit you. And you might want some yourself to visit her in Jul...馃榿

Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
Snow chains? 馃樃

Reactions: Sarang

Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
As far as her car goes, she'll need an ice scraper and snow brush. She will also need to replace the windshield wiper fluid with one that is good for sub-zero temps. Most of the windshield wiper
fluid sold in the Phoenix area has no freeze protection.

Registered
As far as her car goes, she'll need an ice scraper and snow brush.
Yes. Squegee/ice scraper for frost and snow is a good suggestion. Had an unexpected, heavy snow out shopping a while back. Went in to the shops it was bright and sunny, came out and DUMP!!!.Pulled out my trusty squegee/scraper, cleaned off the windows and was mobbed by a whole lot of tourists wanting to use it on their cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts