2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Graphite

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,615 Posts
Heh ... a good friend of mine has an HR-V and we work together in the summer, in locations that require a lot of dirt, forest-road driving. He claims to like the thing, but man ... it's several steps below the Crosstrek in a whole bunch of ways. Unlike the Crosstrek, the HR-V is truly an econobox.

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
346 Posts
"The HR-V is available with AWD, but choosing it actually reduces ground clearance to 6.7 inches from the 7.4 inches found in FWD models. " 😁

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,725 Posts
I know Honda has a very good reputation. But I've never been interested in owning one. And I certainly wouldn't trade my Crosstrek for one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
And just to pile on, the HR-V has no towing capacity listed in its online US specs, unlike the CR-V and larger brethren...

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited Pure Red
12 Posts
I had a 16 it was not anything special firm ride , gutless, horrible styrofoam rub noise under dash when you gunned the cvt, and gas milage left a lot to be desired I think to much vehicle not enough power .
I did like the long old civic type dash vent and the magic seats though 😀

·
Registered
752 Posts
I had a 16 it was not anything special firm ride , gutless, horrible styrofoam rub noise under dash when you gunned the cvt, and gas milage left a lot to be desired I think to much vehicle not enough power .
I did like the long old civic type dash vent and the magic seats though 😀
If you own Honda, you need to pump high octane petrol to enjoy it, otherwise is total gutless

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,931 Posts
I know Honda has a very good reputation. But I've never been interested in owning one. And I certainly wouldn't trade my Crosstrek for one.
I owned two Hondas before we got the Crosstrek and they are boringly reliable. We looked at the Pilot and the CRV and OtherAstroKat said they were too big so that was that, LOL.

Reactions: Cutlass

·
Prefers black cats
12,931 Posts
Nope said grade fuel just didn’t have enough for it’s weight and mine 😂
Not sure what this means. All of these small SUVs use the lowest octane fuel and are fine. Americans seem to want big gas guzzlers... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited Pure Red
12 Posts
Talk English good when half awake 😂
My Honda required reg grade fuel not high octane
I just think the Hrv didn’t have enough to power for it’s weight l so working hard all the time to pull itself

·
Prefers black cats
12,931 Posts
Talk English good when half awake 😂
My Honda required reg grade fuel not high octane
I just think the Hrv didn’t have enough to power for it’s weight l so working hard all the time to pull itself
A lot of reporters say the same about the Crosstrek.

Brit here, so don't argue with me about English... 😸

1 - 12 of 12 Posts