Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, JDM Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
525 Posts
I leave an old Galaxy S5 connected and let that do the Android Auto and google maps - it will connect to the hotspot from my own phone so it doesn't need a SIM card (expensive here in Nova Scotia :rolleyes: )
The main problem is that when it is really cold in the winter the GS5 shuts down and needs to be restarted :D In summer it is fine...

·
Registered
451 Posts
FYI: Motorola MA1 back in stock on Amazon - $89.95 as of 03/18 - 17:30 EDT

not anymore! LOL
Best price currently is $134.98 from various sellers all the way up to $219.00.

The manufacturer in Guangdong, China, Meizhou Guo Wei Electronics Co. Ltd., needs to step up its game.

Guess I'll be waiting.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Metallic Grey
41 Posts
I managed to get in on the brief mid-march restock and got mine on the 27th. The initial experience was bad - I had the constant reconnection issue others have reported. But I was setting it up in my driveway, in range of my home WiFi the phone was used to using and I'm thinking it was the cause of it. On the next day I went out to run an errand, and it's been working perfectly since.

It takes 30 seconds to a minute for it to negotiate the BT to Wifi handshake and connection, but after it does, it's been solid for me. Very pleased now, between this and the Autostop Eliminator I finally decided to get.

Oh yeah, the gel pad adhesive that came with it was useless for me. Would hold for perhaps 5 minutes and give up. I went to velcro as well and it working great

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,425 Posts
Took the Moto adapter out of the Trek and put it in the truck. Worked perfectly smooth as is with my Pixel 5 and the headunit ive got in the truck.

So it leads me to believe that the issue with the Trek is the shitty OEM headunit (and or software update).

41 - 46 of 46 Posts