Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited - Magnetite Gray Metalic
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
at first the adapter was working great for me, now not so much.
Something similar happened to me a couple times. What I do with the MA1 plugged in and the LED "flashing" green... is to go to the BT settings of the phone and select the BT id of your Head Unit to connect to it. Wait a little while and AA should reestablish a session with the HU. In my case, I believe it happened because at one point I used my wife's phone to test the MA1. Btw, I've been using General Availability (GA) Android 12 and Android Auto 7.4.xxxx betas. I joined the beta program for AA in the Google Play Store. Some of these later AA beta versions have fixes not available in the GA versions. Some of the recent beta releases have addressed issues with text messages notifications.

Edit:
You might also find some help in the Google Android Auto Community

These are some of Android Auto known issues that have been acknowledged by the Android Auto Team as of 02/21/22. I hope that the Spotify music stuttering over BT that I experience when voice navigation goes on is addressed in the next Android 12 Build for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S21+ mentioned in the Samsung announcement.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,161 Posts
Android 12 has been in public release since October 2021. Are you running the Android 12L beta? Is your Starlink HU running the latest fireware?

This is the link for the Motorola MA1 adapter support page: Motorola Sound Support

Read through the FAQs to see if it helps. Good luck.
Something similar happened to me a couple times. What I do with the MA1 plugged in and the LED "flashing" green... is to go to the BT settings of the phone and select the BT id of your Head Unit to connect to it. Wait a little while and AA should reestablish a session with the HU. In my case, I believe it happened because at one point I used my wife's phone to test the MA1. Btw, I've been using General Availability (GA) Android 12 and Android Auto 7.4.xxxx betas. I joined the beta program for AA in the Google Play Store. Some of these later AA beta versions have fixes not available in the GA versions. Some of the recent beta releases have addressed issues with text messages notifications.

Edit:
You might also find some help in the Google Android Auto Community

These are some of Android Auto known issues that have been acknowledged by the Android Auto Team as of 02/21/22. I hope that the Spotify music stuttering over BT that I experience when voice navigation goes on is addressed in the next Android 12 Build for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S21+ mentioned in the Samsung announcement.
My current HE version and Android 12 version
Font Terrestrial plant Darkness Book Event
Plant Gadget Radio Personal luxury car Display device

·
Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
16,214 Posts
There's a more recent version of the firmware for your HU. You may be able to update it over Wi-Fi.

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Crosstrek Sport
33 Posts
Starlink HU+Motorola MA1= No Phone Ringer over Speakers?

Starlink 8" display - Latest firmware
Pixel 4 XL - Android 12, all apps up to date

Background:
I received and installed the Motorola MA1 adapter on February 03, 2022. I have been using the AA wireless adapter with no issues, all functions work. There is the occasional Spotify music "skip", but I don't listen to Spotify on a regular basis, so no big deal. BTW, I just started to listen to Amazon Prime Music and didn't notice any skips. I am very happy with this device.

Problem/Issue: No incoming call ring on HU speakers, but phone rings.
I rarely receive phone calls while driving so I don't know if this issue was there from the first day or is something new. When I receive a call, the HU doesn't ring, the phone rings. The call info is displayed on the HU display and in the dashboard display. I can answer/decline the call using the steering wheel or touch screen controls. Everything works, but the ringer. I know the phone ringer worked before the MA1 was installed, both with AA USB cable connection or not connected (BT only).

I am not going to remove the MA1 because it still provides the functionality I purchased it for, but it would be nice to resolve this issue. Any ideas? Anyone else have a similar issue? TIA

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
631 Posts
I just picked up a MA1 and found out it doesn't play nice with my Motorola G7 phone. When I try to pair it it keeps going in and out of being paired, like clockwork. Meaning it's connected for the same amount of time (maybe a second or two) that it's disconnected. It's stuck in the constant state of connected/unconnected. It seems to work with my GF's Samsung S9 though.....at least BT stays connected and it popped AA up on the screen. That's all the testing I did with it on her phone, seeing I wouldn't be using it with her phone.

I now have the MA1 posted for sale. :( I originally bought it brand new in a sealed box from a local guy who happened to buy it when it came in stock on Target's website. I ended up paying $140 for the stupid thing too as I was getting irritated and impatient always missing out on the inventory from Target when I would get the email that it was back in stock. Must have happened 10 times over a course of a couple weeks. Finally I said screw it, I'll pay a bit extra.

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Crosstrek Sport
33 Posts
FYI: Motorola MA1 back in stock on Amazon - $89.95 as of 03/18 - 17:30 EDT

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
631 Posts
FYI: Motorola MA1 back in stock on Amazon - $89.95 as of 03/18 - 17:30 EDT

not anymore! LOL

• Haha