Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Sport
42 Posts
do you have info on the wireless charging pad you are using there? model, where you got it from, and comments about fitment? Thanks!
Tamanaco is using this charging pad available at Amazon:

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Sport
42 Posts
Audio/Phone functionality has traditionally used BT even without an infotainment HU. I'm almost 100% sure that the connection from the Phone to the MA1 dongle is via WiFi, but the "initial"configuration of the MA1 to the phone requires BT. Once the Phone connects to MA1 dongle via WiFi... the usual BT connection from the phone to the car is reestablished. BT only allows connection to a single device at a time. You can pair multiple devices, but only one can be active.
All wireless AA systems use a WiFi-Direct connection between the phone and the HU (via adapter or native). This is a device to device connection providing the necessary bandwidth to project AA from your phone to the HU display wirelessly. WiFi Direct does not require a network. That is why there is no network name (SSID) associated with the wireless AA connection.

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Sport
42 Posts
Do you still need BT pairing for voice calls or can the HU handle phone operation via AA / Wifi only?

Good write-up tho. Might get it when I upgrade to a phone with wireless charging.
The BT connection from phone to HU is the trigger to launch AA. When your phone connects to the HU, the AA app will launch on both the phone and HU. The MA1 adapter is only the data conduit between your phone and HU. Without the trigger, a successfully "paired" MA1 LED light will blink green waiting for the two devices to connect. Many people lose their wireless AA connection because they have deleted/disconnected the phone BT connection believing they only need the MA1.

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Sport
42 Posts
at first the adapter was working great for me, now not so much.

2018 Premium
Pixel 5 - but running android 12 beta - im wondering if this could be my issue.

After the first couple drives of it working totally fine, it stopped connecting. Tried to re-pair the adapter and my phone as I did the first time but it does not seem to want to pair again. It also removed the phone/headunit BT connection, so I had to readd it to my phone to at least get BT music working again.
Android 12 has been in public release since October 2021. Are you running the Android 12L beta? Is your Starlink HU running the latest fireware?

This is the link for the Motorola MA1 adapter support page: Motorola Sound Support

Read through the FAQs to see if it helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Sport
42 Posts
Starlink HU+Motorola MA1= No Phone Ringer over Speakers?

Starlink 8" display - Latest firmware
Pixel 4 XL - Android 12, all apps up to date

Background:
I received and installed the Motorola MA1 adapter on February 03, 2022. I have been using the AA wireless adapter with no issues, all functions work. There is the occasional Spotify music "skip", but I don't listen to Spotify on a regular basis, so no big deal. BTW, I just started to listen to Amazon Prime Music and didn't notice any skips. I am very happy with this device.

Problem/Issue: No incoming call ring on HU speakers, but phone rings.
I rarely receive phone calls while driving so I don't know if this issue was there from the first day or is something new. When I receive a call, the HU doesn't ring, the phone rings. The call info is displayed on the HU display and in the dashboard display. I can answer/decline the call using the steering wheel or touch screen controls. Everything works, but the ringer. I know the phone ringer worked before the MA1 was installed, both with AA USB cable connection or not connected (BT only).

I am not going to remove the MA1 because it still provides the functionality I purchased it for, but it would be nice to resolve this issue. Any ideas? Anyone else have a similar issue? TIA

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Sport
42 Posts
FYI: Motorola MA1 back in stock on Amazon - $89.95 as of 03/18 - 17:30 EDT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts