Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
16,210 Posts
Thanks all, I'll be ordering one of those charging pads today... and an MA1 if the bloody things ever come back in stock - I missed out on the first wave. And especially with the changes to Android Auto they made, the normal BT pairing is now about useless
AA/CarPlay has always required that the phone be plugged in with a USB cable. The only changes I'm aware of are that they moved the active USB ports. Ours are in the armrest cubby. I suspect they moved them to the center console cubby to shorten the cable length and improve connectivity.

BT is only audio, no AA/Carplay, unless anything has changed lately or these charging pads also have a way to connect to AA/CarPlay.

If the wireless charging pad doesn't connect to AA/CarPlay, I don't see much value in getting one.

·
Resident topic drifter
16,210 Posts
Thanks both! Good to know there's a completely wireless solution. Maybe something I can get for OtherAstroKat who has a birthday coming up...

·
Resident topic drifter
16,210 Posts
She will love you for it. We have iPhone's but just got the Carlinkit 3.0 wireless adapter and it is awesome. Links right up, allows us to choose which phone we want to connect and has worked flawlessly for the few days we've had it connected.

The exact one we got seems to be for iPhone only but as you already know, they are available for Android phones.
It wouldn't be the end of the world if I could only get one for CarPlay. It is her car, after all, and her phone is usually buried in her enormous handbag. I go with the minimalist option, just my phone, DL/ID and a credit card that I can slip into my jeans. Vax card is scanned on my phone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts